Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Breaksea M&G breakdown - Maritime Men's Shed

Re: Breaksea M&G breakdown - Maritime Men's Shed

No gloves Graeme, would have thought someone of your experience would have been gloved up!

So you haven't been there since Scotty took the Quintrex up? You guys were heavy tackle the whole time in it weren't you?

Found all your vids too from that link. Some good ones there. Like the one that attacked Owen and Laurie!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1467376_533712346722737_1980163720_n.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	97693

You guys talking about this one that was on the Downrigger Shop feed?

Ok so I got the video to work on my phone but I can't watch it on my lap top.

Good job there G!!!!

Nice radio chit chat in the back ground too!!

Looks like you guys all had a great time and wish i was more organised and could of made it.

I'll make sure I get to the next M&G and look forward to meeting more of the fellas.

Good catching up with you Muddy on the way north at the servo. Awsome looking rig mate and good to see you caught some good fish.

Marty, Macca, Giffo and Boat Hog I think?? (sorry terrible with names... shit memory) Guys it was great catching up with you fellas on the way south and once again love the boat Marty she's a beauty and great to see you all had a ball up there. The rafting up would be something i'm sure you will never forget and makes me keen to be there for the next one.

Good on ya to all the guys that attended especially you Horse for getting the ball rolling.

Keith

Just spend the last 30 mins reading all the posts. I had a sleep in this morning 7.30 am compared to the last epic few days. This was a M&G that will be remembered for all the right reasons, one hell of of a time was had by all. The raft up was special what a site, would love to know what those moored yachts thought. Neil your a weather GOD and should be working at Seabreeze. As Dave has already said team Beeracudda spend our time bottom bashing, and ended up with a nice box of fish with most come on board Saturday arvo.

Special mention to all the channel 68 therapy that was going on, some of the come backs were just GOLD. Bill and Dave thanks for another great trip, Beeracudda is just a awesome platform to fish from, we hit the side with sinkers, get squid ink stains on her, etc etc and Bill does not care just as long as we keep pulling fish.

Would love to do a M&G like this every few months but I don't my body could take it.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0611.jpg 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	97695   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0605.jpg 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	97696   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0602.jpg 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	97697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0601.jpg 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	97698  
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Had a great couple of days. M&G's are always a lot of fun.

Mick (CleavelandV8) came on board at late notice. Great company and welcome on my boat any time. Brenda also came along. Plan D was just me and Mick, but as I was about to leave brisbane she came up with, can I come, can I come, can I come. So plan E and the 3 of us were off.

Got up to Rooneys a bit later than planned, but just in time for dinner. As soon as we finished rafting up we were handed 3 hamburgers. How sweet is that! Thanks guys.

Like everyone, very slow on the fishing no matter how hard we tried. Great shows, and some of the drifts we did I definitely want to go back another day to see how they fire when the fish are not shut down.

Saturday night back for the raftup. I took some pictures when the boat count was about 10 or 11, but camera got wet and died.Damn. Awesome dinner. Moroccan steak with mushrooms and onion. Thanks Mick.

Saturday we just played around off Rooneys as I would have been pushing it for fuel for a second trip out. If I had say another 40 litres of carry on I would have been fine, so will bring extra next year. Was very slow at Rooneys as well. Just sharks and pickers.

Headed back to the ramp mid arvo. But was not without excitement. Going around the sandbars close to the ramp we had a big wave stand up in front of us. I had already hit neutral as I saw it coming, but that didn't help much. It was vertical and the bow went in to it half way up like a big scoop. we just saw a wall of water coming for us. Bent back the windscreen, popped all the press studs, and kept on coming through drenching all of us. Brenda was sitting down the back on an esky and got soaked from behind as well when the water hit the back and bounced back. There was so much that it filled every container, even a bucket that was on the floor. Luckily no real damage, we were able to bend back the windscreen, reconnect the press studs, and on our way just a little wet and cold. I would guess 200 litres came out of the bungs at the ramp.

Shower at Micks and then home.

See you all next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post

That's the one Smithy. (My photo too btw)
    Jim

Cheech, you do find the most interesting ways to get that boat into trouble. Was shocked to see you pop out the other size of the old four mile crossing track in one piece. You have some stones. Was great to catch up with you and Mick again and meet Brenda.
    I am so happy to wake up in the morning.

Beats the alternative!

Well only my 2nd M&G with you bunch of crackers!
    Not a lot of fish, but that normally is secondary to scenery/laughs/joy/entertainment.
    Living in the bay myself will definitely see me out wide a lot more soon, it's about my 5th trip out there and always different.
    Yes Apollo, you would say BIG BALLS, but by the time we realized we were in for a roller coaster ride we were too late at 4 mile!!!
    Big thanks to Cheech for taking me up there, good laughs, few solid fish bazookered us, and then the sharks joined in. Soooo many shows though, but alas not a heap of esky fillers.
    Brenda is an absolute cracker of a lady, although waiting for her to put the mascara on so I could get the bbq going was near killing me lol.
    Happy to hear of Giffo's Marlin too.
    Great to see you all again, and as usual, anyone wanting a pad to crash at etc in the bay just give me a yell, more than happy to accommodate.

PS.... I did hear Chong rock up but was warned not to get him going... lol... I'll grab that joy off you this week Chong, you didn't hang around Friday night so I missed you.

hooroo!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIck

March, clap clap clap.
    March clap clap clap.
    Mark, clap clap clap.
    Gimme a M
    Gimme an A
    Gimme an R
    Gimme a C
    Gimme a H
    What does it spell??
    MARCH!!!
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

What a cracking trip it was so good to catch up with all the Ausfish crew that made it up to Breaksea. Thanks to Graeme & Neil for jumping on Gina Marie for the weekend.
    Also a big thankyou to Anthony Wardy and Brett for the fuel and fuel filter and waiting to make sure we were ok for the trip home.
    Like others have already mentioned the raft up was the highlight.When we rounded Rooney's to see the flotilla of Ausfish boats rafted up it looked very impressive.
    On the fishing front we did it pretty tough only landing one small Billie and some mixed reefies. We fished around the 13 mile crossing on Friday and around the 4 mile on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post

OMG look at the angle on the leg. How do you rectify that? Crane? Try and reverse the trailer under whilst winching at the same time? Bet that left a chalk mark on the ramp?

Looks like you guys had a ball......that's what it's all about ...well done

cheers jason

Good to hear SatNav on the radio ensuring that
    1. we adhere to correct safety procedures
    2. no out of emergency use of flares occured.

Good on you old fella for looking after us. We slept better at night for the support.
    I am so happy to wake up in the morning.

Beats the alternative!

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Good to hear SatNav on the radio ensuring that
    1. we adhere to correct safety procedures
    2. no out of emergency use of flares occured.

Good on you old fella for looking after us. We slept better at night for the support.
    3. Dont forget he helped with the accuracy of our gps readings also....