Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inox

Inox

Once upon a time ago, just about every Outboard Mech had a spray bottle of Inox hanging out of their back pocket and would give the outboard an ample spray of this product and the outboard would look as if it had been brought back to life, all nice n shiney etc.
    I for one would purchase it by the four litre and as soon as i came back from a fishing trip or whenever i decided to give me old faithfull a run i would spray it down with Inox and wipe it all over with a clean cloth and make it look all nice n shiney..
    And never had any probs with my old faithfull from using it. kept corrosion at bay and never had a prob with it damaging any wiring etc.
    Recently it has been brought to my attention it is no longer wise to use this product for fear of it damaging electrical wiring etc !!, which was news to me but heads up with the advice and plan to discard it from my shed.
    Tis said that lanotech / lanolin oil should be used in its place and supposed ta be a better product???...
    Anyone had probs with this product????Thought please...

Re: Inox

Yeh Prolonged use makes the insulation go hard and brittle
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Inox also swells silicone rubber seals......
    Jack.

What do you currently use in its place?

What use can i put the 2 ltrs i have left lol...Any good mixed with something else , maybe around the trailer for rust prevention?? or just dump the stuff!!!???...

I use it on the underbody of my 4x4 to help keep the rust at bay from beach use, i reapply after each weekend/week of beach use, seems ok for that. Use a bit on the boat trailer as well although a fair bit of info against using stuff like this on Gal trailers.

Reckon the manufacturers of the stuff should remove some of the pics n info off the containers of what the stuff is supposed to be good for ey..

Bugger! Any suggestions for a replacement?

What a nasty stuff! And that stuff as well!

I use lanox. Seems okay to me, correct me if I'm wrong

Cheers Nic
    That's a nice fish you caught... Do you mind if I use it for bait.

G'day

I really like the corrosion guard by quicksilver (mercury). It leaves a slightly tacky clearcoat at first that kind of hardens, leaving a non tacky clearcoat. Safe for and designed for powerheads etc.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

A product by CRC called soft seal. When I lived in weipa the pro fishermen would pop the cowl of a new motor give it thourough spray then when the motor was flogged out and ready for resale clean it with degreaser and she looked nearly new. I use lanoline gp spray it is nonconductive doesn, t affect rubber seals and is great anticorrosion properties. It can be a bit of a dust magnet but.

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Hey Volvo i use a product called Aquablock made by Chemsearch they make some very good products. But they are quite expensive. As for the Lanolin products i use them on my Boat Trailer and also the Chassis of the Car, another very good product.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterKroll View Post
    Bugger! Any suggestions for a replacement?

( L ) Lanox under the hood. Same manufacturer as Inox ( Candan Ind )

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Lanox dries tacky there for salt sticks to it