Thread: coral sea gt

coral sea gt

hey dudes just got back from the coral sea on a charter with northern conquest on their 48ft rig
    Had a cracking trip and got plenty of fish including sails,wahoo,doggies,dolphin fish,gts,yellowfin and some mega trout among other reefies .Weather ranged from not to bad to absolutely disgusting but had no glass outs.Fished a variety of methods mainly trolling jigging and popping with plenty of light tackle and bait fishing while at anchor for reef species.Going to create a slideshow and post it up in the next few days followed by a total run down on the whole trip as we got plenty of footage of all our fish landed including a 40+ kilo doggie.Anyway heres a clip of the gt i landed on a river to sea popper.stay tuned…

Re: coral sea gt

Check your link mate- takes you to the upload page.

cheers for that try again

Great vid, mate. Awesome rig, too. Bet she's a great vessel to take out there. Great stuff.

Cuzza

Nice G! Did you guys make it out to Flinders?
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

You were putting some hurt on that fish!
    Those R2S poppers and stickbaits have been dynamite for me lately on GT's and Mack's, problem is the sharks seem to like the sticks aswell. Haha.
    Awesome vid!!

Hey fish are yeh we made it out to flinders was a pretty special spot even though the weather wasn't the best. Matty I can't fault the dumb bell poppers. For the price you pay they're awesome value,even if they get busted up after 3 or 4 fish, I'd way rather be losing river to sea poppers that $100 aswb stickbaits that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by fertile View Post
    Hey fish are yeh we made it out to flinders was a pretty special spot even though the weather wasn't the best. Matty I can't fault the dumb bell poppers. For the price you pay they're awesome value,even if they get busted up after 3 or 4 fish, I'd way rather be losing river to sea poppers that $100 aswb stickbaits that's for sure
    Awesome! We got out to Flinders last year in amazing weather, nothing above 10 kts for 3 days! We actually found the fishing tougher than we had anticipated. We got good fish, but had to work for them. Amazing place, how's the drop off the reef? You could cast a popper to the reefs edge and have 300+m of water under you! Flinders is one of the potential candidates for my 40th trip next year.
    Can't wait to see the rest of your videos and report!

Quote Originally Posted by FisHard View Post
    Awesome! We got out to Flinders last year in amazing weather, nothing above 10 kts for 3 days! We actually found the fishing tougher than we had anticipated. We got good fish, but had to work for them. Amazing place, how's the drop off the reef? You could cast a popper to the reefs edge and have 300+m of water under you! Flinders is one of the potential candidates for my 40th trip next year.
    Can't wait to see the rest of your videos and report!
    who did you go out there with?
    we definitely had some slow times but our skipper also found the fish multiple times and got us onto some hot action.Left flinders on the 2nd last night to come in closer and get out of the 25knot winds onto of a decent swell to fish in around pith and surrounding reefs where we were greeted with a hot doggy bite that resulted in a couple of 10kilo jobs and 5-10 solid hookups resulting in reefings and worn through assist hooks etc and whatever else dogtooth can be blamed for.after that it the popping action died down which i put down to the moon phase shutting down the fishing.

We were out at Flinders with Sea Fever Sportfishing Whitsundays in their 32 Pirate. Our trip was from Airlie to Cairns Via Flinders. we also hit McDermot Bank on the way into Cairns for a couple of failed Marlin hookups (good fish too @ 400 Plus) but not much else. I later spoke with Ed Leister (ex Nomad guide) and he said his best ever days fishing was on McDermot Bank. 7 Marlin up to 800lb, big Doggies etc etc. The last day of our trip, we popped Noggin Reef ESE of Cairns and had a crackin morning on the poppers. 23 GTs, I got an enourmous Spaniard, Bass, triple hookup on Passionfruit Trout, so on and so on. It was 10 x the fishing we found out at Flinders!
    Heres the trip report
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...light=Seafever

sounds like has had a cracking session in close,that spaniard is a weapon. Our skipper did say he prefers all the reefs in closer than flinders but we managed to raise F all on them but like i said i put that down to the moon phase as it seamed to slow each day after the new moon whereas the days leading upto and on it was pretty decent out at flinders.Any size to those 23 gts? definitely going to get up there again in the near future

Great clip and great song