Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: youi insurance, very impressed, i saved $$$.

youi insurance, very impressed, i saved $$$.

Rang youi insurance today as my car (navara) insurance was due, to my surprise they were $280 cheaper then the insurance broker I've been using for years who sources the cheapest from the lot. $760 down to $480. The guy was really great to deal with to. He said there boat insurance is very competitive to, as I've recently put a claim in for my boat the price was a bit high, but for people who haven't in the last 3 yrs its def worth an inquiry. He said you can link your car,boat and house etc together and get and even better deal. Anyway i was pretty stoked so i thought id post and hopefully save the ausfish family a few dollars… that we can then spend on our BringOnAntherThousand.(BOAT). lol.

cheers ranga.

Re: youi insurance, very impressed, i saved $$$.

I just signed my 2 car insurances over to them as well. I just hope they are as helpful in the event of a claim. That's where it really matters!

Hmmm will have to check them out as I have 2 cars 2 boats , house insurance and contents insurance as well.

I have been with youi for the past three years with 2 cars home and contents have found the good. They even sent me a email last month saying they hadn't been giving me my combined policy 20% discount and so the deposited the money in my account and have now applied the discount now.
    Byron

Are they offering "bait rates " for new customers like the others do for the first year and then jacking it up to normal in year 2 and 3? I haven't had a quote for them but might after a loooong read of the paperwork. Urghhh I hate reading them but better before than after !

I have wondered about youi for ages and would like to hear of anyone that has had to actually claim with them? Not knocking them but I would like to know if the service is as good as the price.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

I have a motorbike and 2 cars with youii and after recently buying a jet ski I gave them a call. Very disappointed that they couldn't even go close to Nautilus or Club Marine. Would still pay to shop around.
    Experience is something you get right after you need it.

I have not had to make a claim as yet touch wood. My rate has not gone up much over the past couple of years even with the floods in the area. Only time will tell I still shop around each year though.
    Byron

The proof is when you have to claim. I've found you get what you pay for.

So have you had a claim with a cheaper insurance company?

Thats not always the case, i swapped to club marine this year which were the cheapest by far, made a claim last month and there've been awesome….
    Quote Originally Posted by sandbankmagnet View Post
    The proof is when you have to claim. I've found you get what you pay for.

I was with one of the major insurances. Sponsors a certain footbal side. Bloke i work with has Youi and his house was damaged in a storm earlier in the year. He reckons Youi was absolutely brilliant. So i called youi and they called me back in 30 seconds. I eventually got car, contents and home insurance. Saved nearly 1 grand on the 3. Funnily the discounts offered by the major insurer almost totalled 1000.

Im always scared to change insurance companies....... you really only find out if they are good or not when you need to make a claim....its then too late if they are not.....

Not saying a bad word about Youi as I have no experience whatsoever with them.

I wasn't so much as scared as lethargic, but when my insurer went from no flood cover (fine i live on a hill) to no option but to have flood cover (this based on council flood maps, obviously got the wrong one for my address) for peace of mind. This then cost me around 300 bucks increase the last 2 years. Well lethargy went to anger and i thought you can stick your flood cover where the flood don't shine. I figure I'm just following their slogan. "experience the difference" Well i have and i'm now i'm going to be a few grand better off for it.

I tried one of the budget insurance companies a few years ago with my wifes car. They were cheaper and easy to deal with with the setting up of the policy. All went well UNTIL, I had to claim. Her car was hit in a car park when she wasn't there. Then the hassle started. Comparing to the ease of say getting a claim through with RACQ, it was a PITA. Missus had to get a drivers record from the RTA (we live out of town) even though she wasn't in the car at the time. I took the car to our repairer who is well reputed and approved with pretty much all insurers. Get a call back from the repairer. The insurer outsources their handling of repairs and they were getting hassled about their quote (never had this issue with previous claims with RACQ) and the insurer wants them to use secondhand and cheap knock off parts, then warranty the work. They will if they can use decent components to start with. Arguement between the repairer and insurance company (their representative) continued on whilst in the meantime, we ain't getting the car fixed. Eventually sorted out and got fixed ok, but it was a PITA and took longer than it should. Flicked that insurer as soon as the renew came around and went back to RACQ.

The company was not youi and I would be very carefully discussing with any insurer prior to starting a policy what their claim system is and repair policy. Especially the budget type ones. I pay my insurance, so when I have an accident, the insurance company makes the process as stress free as possible.

I will be very interested to hear from a very people with a youi policy that has had to make a claim or two.

Steve
    I am so happy to wake up in the morning.

Beats the alternative!