Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: youi insurance, very impressed, i saved $$$.

Re: youi insurance, very impressed, i saved $$$.

I am in the process of changing over to Youi after a horror claim experience with RACQ, who my wife and I have been with for some 15yrs+ with two cars comprehensively insured. Premiums have gone UP every year, not down. They are now at a point where is is not economical to insure them at the premium versus their current market value.

Long story short:

* hit a wallaroo way out west in my 4WD
    * wanted to give me a Yaris for the remainder of the trip despite telling them I would be on rural properties with no sealed roads and would potentially damage a low slung 2WD just driving to the homestead from the road
    * relented and gave me an Aurion...gee...thanks
    * didn't want to send the car back to Brisbane - were going to make me drive back out there to collect it once it had been repaired - fought that and then got it shipped to Brisbane
    * when I picked up the car, all the interior plastics and drawers from the boot had been swapped with those out of a significantly more abused vehicle, air compressor stolen and ropes, shackles, etc, were between the body and the plastics - they refused to cover it till I said it was stolen while in their possession, so I would be calling the police - they eventually replaced the plastics, but none of the stolen items. Only the front of the vehicle was damaged BTW

From the time of the accident to getting the car back completely fixed was nearly a month and they would not extend the loan car past 7 days.

Pricks can eat a d^$* - 15 years of loyalty for nothing. Then there are all the people they utterly SHAFTED after the floods.

Ben.

I have always used Suncorp....

I had a great experience with them about 10 years ago when I sunk my 80 series in a river up the Cape....

Absolutely hassle free claim...... they even replaced a winch from another vehicle that helped recover me and burnt out their winch......

They basically asked me what happened....I told them that I drove into the river got hung up on a rock it then rained and flooded the river...... they never questioned it or looked for a reason to knock back the claim..... which im sure they could have had they wanted too....

YOUi told me they wouldn't even come close to matching or bettering me Cruiser insurance with Alianz. Allianz wont better your insurance even if its garaged all week and not driven. RACQ tried to claim for one of their drivers against me for them running a stop sign and hitting me. Shannons never rang me back. Their all the same we are just another number in their system trying to screw us over and make a few quid..

I was with Club Marine for all my boats for well over 12 years until I had to make a claim lol.
    After that I changed all business away from them & learnt a very important lesson from that too.
    The whole $130 a year I saved on each boat ended up costing me $5000.
    The claim was for $12500, then the games started.
    They told me when I first put the claim in that they would generally look at what the engine & leg were worth as combined amount, (by law they told me) even though the damage was the sterndrive only.
    Anyway when all the quotes came back @ $12500.
    They decided that the leg second hand would only be worth $3000 lol. & proceeded to only pay me $3000 from the $12500 sterndrive,
    They were not even going to pay for slipping or storage.
    I fought them a bit & got $6000 from them, but I was still out of pocket $6500,
    By taking a few short cuts & buying parts offshore I ended up only being out of pocket $5000.

I then went to the International boat show & asked all the boat dealers that were not agents for insurance companies who was the worst for paying out, They all said Club Marine was the worst in the boating industry when it came to claims
    Now I stick to NRMA, they are big & actually value their customers.
    As since changing over I did have a claim with NRMA & it was a straight forward get a quote & they paid the repair.
    So never buy an insurance policy based on the price of the premium, but on who actually pays out when a problem arises.
    Because if you do the sums, it would of taken me 138 years of insuring it to make up the $130 per year I saved lol.

stinkyfinger has exceeded his stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages (PMs) until they clear some space. Hard to answer to a full box

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

The comments about Club are a worry to one who has insurance with them but never had a claim; so far. Still SF its a bit of a worry never the less

C
    C

Even harder when you have emptied the inbox & still says its full lol.
    That's all 5 pm's I am allowed anyway lol.

You get more eventually Go to inbox, tick box on rhs on those to be deleted, go to bottom rhs tick delete.

Insurance companies can only be rated when you have to make a claim - too many times someone has given me the heads up on a cheap Insurance price , only to hear them at some stage whinging about a claim that has gone bad.
    I can't speak highly enough of the "NRMA" boat , car , home content ...... I've had the need to make claims on all of these policies over the last 5 years since moving to Qld - all cases were resolved quickly , professionally & never felt that it was like pulling teeth or that I was in the wrong.

Am I paying a premium for it ? - if I am ..... it wouldn't be massive

All insurance companies will take your money - and some will take less ..... but they aint to keen to payout - and that's the most important part of a good insurance policy (cost Vs benefit)

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I haven't got a price off them yet but intend to as currently pay $800 per month just for insurance for cars, boat, house etc with NRMA.

I do a lot of work for insurance companies and Youi have proved to be the fastest to pay on a claim. Sometimes we wait around 6 months or even longer but Youi pay out within weeks so I was impressed with that.

there will be good and bad stories for all insurance companies, a customer had a bad experience with NRMA home insurance, so I guess we just have to hope for the best when making a claim.

I am about to switch from Suncorp to Club Marine. This is partly based on the experience the Shy Guys had when they wrote of the boat on the way back from 1770. Even though the policy had recently expired, they still paid out.

I hate threads like this as I am now questioning what I should do.

Ive been following insurance threads on ausfish for about 8 years now. The only one that seems to pay out professionally and consistantly is Suncorp. All the others seem to employ 'loss minimisers' to reduce payouts for petty technical reasons.

If I was going to go with anyone, it would be suncorp. If I actually put $400 a year into a seperate savings account, it would be now up to $3200, and the boat has depreciated from $9000 to roughly 7k now. So Im in front by my reckoning.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyL View Post
    I haven't got a price off them yet but intend to as currently pay $800 per month just for insurance for cars, boat, house etc with NRMA.
    So you pay almost $10k a year in insurance? You are earning too much money, lol.......Wish I could afford your lifestyle.

cheers
    Andrew
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.

Just finished changing the house (which is 3yrs old and huge) and contents with A LOT of specified personal items over $1000, two cars and my rental property to Youi today. Over the last 3 days, it has been about 4hrs on the phone, but each policy is heavily customized to what I want, not a cookie cutter one-size-fits-all policy.

One car is a little more expensive to insure than what I was paying with RACQ and it is more expensive than the other car even though both cars were purchased at the same time it was less than half the price of the other car - go figure?! The situation was the same with RACQ anyway. Suzuki Swift - cheap to buy - dear as poison to insure.

That said, the total saving across the 4 policies is ~$1,100p.a. $1,100 dollars a year makes the 4hrs on the phone worth it!

Also means if the house burns down and takes one or both cars with it, I only pay the house excess, not the excess for each policy.

The other thing I like about Youi is you get an account manager and you only deal with them via their direct number and e-mail address.

Ben.

Ill disagree with " never buy a policy based on price of premium" I recently hit something at sea and stuffed the whole bottom end of my outboard including gear box. Around $6000 to fix and club marine were straight onto it and 3 weeks later boat is back. They were the cheapest i could find.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfinger View Post
    I was with Club Marine for all my boats for well over 12 years until I had to make a claim lol.
    After that I changed all business away from them & learnt a very important lesson from that too.
    The whole $130 a year I saved on each boat ended up costing me $5000.
    The claim was for $12500, then the games started.
    They told me when I first put the claim in that they would generally look at what the engine & leg were worth as combined amount, (by law they told me) even though the damage was the sterndrive only.
    Anyway when all the quotes came back @ $12500.
    They decided that the leg second hand would only be worth $3000 lol. & proceeded to only pay me $3000 from the $12500 sterndrive,
    They were not even going to pay for slipping or storage.
    I fought them a bit & got $6000 from them, but I was still out of pocket $6500,
    By taking a few short cuts & buying parts offshore I ended up only being out of pocket $5000.

I then went to the International boat show & asked all the boat dealers that were not agents for insurance companies who was the worst for paying out, They all said Club Marine was the worst in the boating industry when it came to claims
    Now I stick to NRMA, they are big & actually value their customers.
    As since changing over I did have a claim with NRMA & it was a straight forward get a quote & they paid the repair.
    So never buy an insurance policy based on the price of the premium, but on who actually pays out when a problem arises.
    Because if you do the sums, it would of taken me 138 years of insuring it to make up the $130 per year I saved lol.