Thread: Radiated fish

Radiated fish

with the FUKUSHIMA incident , how long is it going to be before we need Geiger counters for the fish we catch "radiation moinitors "

it's pretty scary and can affect us in a big way

opinions

Re: Radiated fish

My opinion is this is another wind up.
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...e-from-fishing.....

Two weeks I reckon
    That's a nice fish you caught... Do you mind if I use it for bait.

You can add different chemicals to neutralise the radiation, right?

Seriously though, I predict a new range of marine electronics coming on to the market from Lowrance and Garmin etc to test for radiation. More "must haves" to clutter the dashboard.

Pauly, it's simpler than that. Fish only on dark nights. When the boat glows green, it's time to go in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

If a radioactive spider can bite someone and turn them into Spiderman.....

Can a Fukishima Fish bite you and turn you into Fisherman?

'Cause I would really like to have that happen to me....

Pretty sure the term is irradiated. And no the sky hasn't fallen yet. How are the mushrooms in the noosa hinterland these days.......

Very very good Id reckon.

On tv the other night i saw a pic of the 1,000,000 tons of debree from Japan not far of the californian coast the should see the grow on the horizon,what will they do about that???????

I was NOT going to "comment", then I thort " Why not".....

Second thort was "Why bother ?"......

First thort won

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    On tv the other night i saw a pic of the 1,000,000 tons of debree from Japan not far of the californian coast the should see the grow on the horizon,what will they do about that???????
    California you say?

Well if running true to form they will send people out to put labels on all debris warning that these items may be carcinogenic and may contain traces of nuts.

California contains traces of nuts....

Think of all the things going on in the world that could affect your life or that of many. Global warming, world economy, aids in Africa blah blah. They all are dwarfed by the threat of a worst case scenario from Fukishima.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Radioactive water and irradiated fish are a proble, but one that will fade into insignificance if this goes wrong http://www.theguardian.com/environme...nup-spent-fuel estimates reckon Tokyo would be toast, and the entire west coast of America could become uninhabitable. Recent sampling of northern bluefin returned a 100% result with radiation accumulation in a study in American waters. The currents will continue to circulate caesium polluted water, it will be in our fishing grounds, and it has a half life in the hundreds of years.

If the current exercise goes wrong the world as we know it will change beyond recognition, evaporation will induce an eternal cycle of water borne fall out.

Not a pleasant forecast. I don't reckon its a beat up, and there is no point panicking, but I have concerns for the world our kids will inherit.

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Pretty sure the term is irradiated. And no the sky hasn't fallen yet. How are the mushrooms in the noosa hinterland these days.......
    the sky looked a bit closer today i think its falling

thankyou for correcting me sometimes i speal stuf wrong on thi mushys