Thread: Lastest Build

Lastest Build

Built this Spiral Wrap rod for Red emperor and Coral trout fishing in mind
    This time wanted the effect of a basic wrap with just a couple of contrasting colours instead of throwing everything at it
    Its one of the new MHX Saltwater Blanks..20-60lb..
    Thought the only way to find out how theses blanks perform is to build one for myself and see how it goes along side a Phenix Black diamond 20 -60lb Blank...at the moment this is my favourite rod for the trips up North
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Lastest Build

Mate your thread work and finish work is up there with the very best. Great job all round.

Thanks Mark....... on this build I am using ProKote for the first time Had issues with Diamond 2 yellowing a tad in the UV department ...so see if Prokote handles it any better ...Was good to apply had a longer pot time but also takes longer harden up

Great work Willo!

Cheers
    Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Great looking build Willo, Im with Mark your thread work and finish are as good as you can get.

Cheers
    Pedro

Thats doing my head in Willo another work of art,what SW MHX did you get the 60, 66 or 70 and can you post something up on it once you use it,cheer chris

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Thats doing my head in Willo another work of art,what SW MHX did you get the 60, 66 or 70 and can you post something up on it once you use it,cheer chris
    Yeh Chris... I will let ya know how it goes in a post.....Feels good under load , so lookin forward to using it
    I built it for the red fish up north ..but also plan to use it live baiting for some big Spanish Macs as well.....
    Its the SW70-H-MHX 20 - 60lb

Nice work ol mate, attention to detail is awesome. Hopefully catch up with you soon on the water if your not up north harrasing better tasting fish lol

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Nice work ol mate, attention to detail is awesome. Hopefully catch up with you soon on the water if your not up north harrasing better tasting fish lol
    Yeh Mate ...its just about Mac time.... went out this morning to see if anything had turned up ....but was dead as ..water was 22.5 still a tad cold for em I reckin ...

Willo what can i say but the same as all above. Make sure your quantities are exact using pro kote .
    Graham

Well done Willo, very nice indeed.

Very impressive Willo,
    now the next best thing will be, is to catch a nice fish on it.

Russ

willo that's awesome

Damn nice job. Where do you get those grips from?

Quote Originally Posted by whaler View Post
    Damn nice job. Where do you get those grips from?
    Those one come from Rodworks....I just shaped them a Little