Thread: Fishing trip suggestions

Fishing trip suggestions

G'day guys. A mate and I are looking at doing a little fishing trip for a few days in northern NSW. We have a 4.5 metre centre console and are looking at fishing rivers and things like that. Would you guys have any suggestions as to where we could try? And also what sort of fish we should chase?

Cheers
    Macka
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Re: Fishing trip suggestions

Brunswick heads has a reasonable river. There is the Tweed river at the border. The Clarence river at yamba (south side) or Iluka (north side) good variety of species in th Clarence. Luderick bream flatheads tuna along the breakwaters Jew etc

Don't forget you need a licence to fish plus have different regulations and sizes than Qld

Thanks for the heads up Still. I forgot you needed a license. You can get them from tackle shops and the likes hey.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Can you get mud crabs in the Tweed and Clarence?

I'd go Iluka. Less commercialized than Yamba and equal options. If it's a calm day you can shoot out from Woody Head or via the mouth out to sea or go hard along the trainer walls and back creeks chasing bream, flathead, whiting, trevs, crabs (swimmer and muddies) and livebait for jew along the walls. At the moment there's alot of fish around Maclean as there hasn't been much rain and everything has really spread out but when you find the fish at the moment you usually get onto a good session.

Quote Originally Posted by mattooty View Post
    I'd go Iluka. Less commercialized than Yamba and equal options. If it's a calm day you can shoot out from Woody Head or via the mouth out to sea or go hard along the trainer walls and back creeks chasing bream, flathead, whiting, trevs, crabs (swimmer and muddies) and livebait for jew along the walls. At the moment there's alot of fish around Maclean as there hasn't been much rain and everything has really spread out but when you find the fish at the moment you usually get onto a good session.

Cheers Mattooty. Some ripper ideas there mate. Are there any good banks to get some yabbies from?

More than you'll know what to do with. Just google earth the area and go spit-hopping

Wooli is the best kept secret in NNSW.....
    Jack.

The problem with wooli though is that being such a small system its either firing or dead. Theres not.much middle ground.
    It is alot more scenic though and family friendly

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

don't forget if crabbing in nsw you are allowed 5 witches hats per person but only 1 trap/pot per person, going by regulations on website