Thread: Chater Boat what Charter Boat

Chater Boat what Charter Boat

Are there charter boats in SE Qld that actually deliver what's on there web sites example quality rods and reel of varies types, live bait, move around and put you on the fish etc.
    Oh and how do the good charters identify each persons catch.

Mark

Re: Chater Boat what Charter Boat

Look up http://smithysfishingcharters.com.au/

I have never heard a bad word about any of his trips.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Outlaw charters mate. Quality everything and he puts you on the fish! We bagged out on snapper in like 3 hours...

SEQ.......... anything north of Bribie for me.

Particularly some out of Hervey Bay... not the day trippers though. Steer clear of them.

Outlaw if you only want Snapper. IMO.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Look up http://smithysfishingcharters.com.au/

I have never heard a bad word about any of his trips.
    Go with Smithy.

Outlaw Charters is good and John looks after you.

Sea probe charters on the Gold Coast are great I have used them dozens of times ,gav spends the time and fuel getting onto the fish and his gear is ok or you can take your own but he fishes what's in season at the moment it's kings and ambers and few snapper . Have a look he is worth going out with , maybe search SEAPROBE CHARTERS here for some reports ???Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by copie View Post
    Are there charter boats in SE Qld that actually deliver what's on there web sites example quality rods and reel of varies types, live bait, move around and put you on the fish etc.
    Oh and how do the good charters identify each persons catch.

Mark

The boat I have been working on has all new Shimano Tyrnos 30 reels on now. Rods are a mix of Ugly Sticks and Penn. Due to the general total lack of care by the punters, the skipper/owner doesn't run T-Curves, etc. Every morning all rods are rigged up with new leader, chemically sharpening hooks, etc.

If you want better gear, BYO.

The skipper of the boat works his arse off to get a box, but it is FISHING, not CATCHING - don't know how many times I have had to explain that to people...T-Curve and a Stella will not guarantee you a fish. That said, I have been on some boats as a paying customer out of Airlie Beach that are run by complete con-artists. Slow-arsed boat that cruises at 7 knots, handlines, old blunt hooks, etc.

Catches are generally split evenly between the punters and we leave it to the punters to sort that out. not everyone is a gun fisherman, but everyone feels better if they go home with a feed. Some days, 80%+ of the catch is from me because I would go out, not working; just to get my sea hours up for my Coxswain. I never took any fish home.

Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by morphias View Post
    The boat I have been working on has all new Shimano Tyrnos 30 reels on now. Rods are a mix of Ugly Sticks and Penn. Due to the general total lack of care by the punters, the skipper/owner doesn't run T-Curves, etc. Every morning all rods are rigged up with new leader, chemically sharpening hooks, etc.

If you want better gear, BYO.

The skipper of the boat works his arse off to get a box, but it is FISHING, not CATCHING - don't know how many times I have had to explain that to people...T-Curve and a Stella will not guarantee you a fish. That said, I have been on some boats as a paying customer out of Airlie Beach that are run by complete con-artists. Slow-arsed boat that cruises at 7 knots, handlines, old blunt hooks, etc.

Catches are generally split evenly between the punters and we leave it to the punters to sort that out. not everyone is a gun fisherman, but everyone feels better if they go home with a feed. Some days, 80%+ of the catch is from me because I would go out, not working; just to get my sea hours up for my Coxswain. I never took any fish home.

Ben.
    Ben can you share the name of this boat.

Mark

Smithy is the go for a good trip. Ask questions and Rob is very happy to pass on his varst knowledge. His is also a sponsor on this forum.
    I am so happy to wake up in the morning.

Beats the alternative!