Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Summer mackeral bash

Summer mackeral bash

Ok here it is guys, feel free to make comment and any input as to dates and activities on the day. I will try and twist Rosco and a few other arm to come as they have been a good and reliable source of info on how to catch these tasty critters.

I will be providing venue for BBQ and meeting point. Parking facility onsite
    BBQ materials, meat and snags, some cold drinks and refreshments.
    Chairs for those who legs are not up to the task of supporting their body weights.
    Ice for keeping drinks cold.

Hopefully we will get some tuition on how to rig tackle and stuff and make a good day of it, and put a few faces to nicks on here.

Possible dates are

16 or 17 Nov 13 "this could be abit soon for some"
    30 or 1st Dec 13
    21 or 22 dec 13

If none of these date gets enough starter we will have to do it sometime early next year.
    Sorry fellas, All other dates in between I have other fishing trip and travel commitments.

Ok shoot fellas and see where it wash up.
    Oh, I can only facilitate around 20 odd boats onsite.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Re: Summer mackeral bash

Thanks for posting, good plan and generous offer. I hope to make it but my boat is currently blocked in at the back of the driveway by two large skips the builder is slowly filling, plus I have new arrivals (twins) due in 3-4 weeks. Might be able to deckie for someone if my boat is still blocked in - bit touch and go either way.

Either of the December options good for me.

30th and 1st are out for me as is the 21 st December...well can make it after 11am on the 21st....that's if no other commitments come up (work)...prob have a deckie spot or 2 as well...

I think there is a 4wd m&g @ bribie onthe 17. Can't do 30 or 1st as I am on call. Other than that any date is good for me.

I'm in, pretty much any date at present will work for me.

I really hope we can make this happen, ...

This is a great offer hungry6.. I'm bloody keen and will work in with the agreed dates as best as I can.. Keen to get a few tips from Rosco etc.. I'm still struggling!!

Ok, there is about 4 starters so far plus myself for one of the Dec. date. I'll keep an eye on weather chart as we get closer and will call it. Also, now thinking about it. About 6 boats would be an ideal number as it's not too large to organise and provide a better social environment,
    Where is Timdo, he was egging me on to hold it and now he's gone awol
    I might have a decky spot if Jeremy or someone wants to join.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

At this point in time I'm available. So count me in.
    That's a nice fish you caught... Do you mind if I use it for bait.

Quote Originally Posted by hungry6 View Post
    Ok, there is about 4 starters so far plus myself for one of the Dec. date. I'll keep an eye on weather chart as we get closer and will call it. Also, now thinking about it. About 6 boats would be an ideal number as it's not too large to organise and provide a better social environment,
    Where is Timdo, he was egging me on to hold it and now he's gone awol
    I might have a decky spot if Jeremy or someone wants to join.
    Ummm i'm at work and can't really access Ausfish during work hours. It's not right.

I'm in.

I will even donate a carton of piss

Hi Hungry6,
    You are a good man putting up such a kind offer.
    I am as keen as . It is like an extra Christmas day for me.
    Mine and the missus calendar is chockers but I will try and shuffle things around.
    Would it be possible if I drove up early in the morning (at whatever time is needed) and grab a deckie spot?
    I will try to get more time but we have Chrissy work parties, pissups all over the place and the kids to sort.
    Cheers Dave

A Mac Attack is always good fun. Hopefully the timing coincides with a bit of a Spotty run. Doggies seem easier to target on smaller neap tides but the Spotties seem to like playing ball closer to new or full moons. No run, no fun is often the case with them.
    I might throw a spanner in the works and take the big girl as a mother ship and stay around the Sandhills or North of Shark Spit rather than come back to land base
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I'm in for Dec 30 or 31.....IF I read it correctly

Cheers, Ray.

I'm keen if anyone's looking for a deckie. Anything from 21st Dec is out for me though.
    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck