Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Summer mackeral bash

Re: Summer mackeral bash

ah man, talk about peaking early. I was all set for Saturday morning!

Sunday is still fine by me though, gives me another day to think about things

Quote Originally Posted by PixieAU View Post
    ah man, talk about peaking early. I was all set for Saturday morning!

Sunday is still fine by me though, gives me another day to think about things
    Must say I was geared up for Saturday as well - hoping to make Sunday but can't guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzawookooka View Post
    Must say I was geared up for Saturday as well - hoping to make Sunday but can't guarantee.
    I was geared up for Saturday too. Any chance we cam bring it forward to Saturday.

OK, since most of you want it on tomorrow, I'm fine with that, I just have to wait for by Deckies to call back so I will keep everyone posted. The only thing is that we have to head out earlier, to work with the tide.

Cheers
    Wayne
    Humility is not a weather condition.

What channel vhf? I will be out of mooloolaba working down to caloundra

Ok

i'll be there with Timd and Dave. We will do a quick troll at Hutchins then back at the channel bribie for mackerel around 8am. Then back at hungrys for a chat.

good luck fellas,i will be offshore fishing for squire/snapps..wil be on channel21 for the day..call sign air time

Ok. It is NOW confirm that we are good to go tomorrow
    21-12-13 at 5.30AM my place or 5.45AM Toorbul boat ramp.
    I will head around bottom of Bribie and work North.
    Radio channel 15, but also listen to 21 for "chatters"
    If anyone chance a decent school, please use txt to notify people you like to join. DONOT put it over the air please.
    Be back at my place 2.30 PM
    I will be back abit earlier to get things underway.
    BBQ will be cooking at 3.00 pm

I will be in a 2300 CC Noosacat (white) Call sign for day will be "fast eddy"

I will log in later for check up and update

cheers
    wayne

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    good luck fellas,i will be offshore fishing for squire/snapps..wil be on channel21 for the day..call sign air time

Thank for the well wishes Rosco.
    It's a shame u cant make it, a few would benefit from your experience on the day.
    Cheers
    wayne

wayne I have had my son all week and goes home to his mum tomorrow..he wants to go offshore for a fish otherwise I would of been there....am sure most if not all will get onto a few macks...remember I always fish an hr each side of a tide change..i have found this the best time

I'm out, been getting set up for tomorrow and all going well until plug the GPS in and the god damn piece of crap will not fire up. Rewired the leads etc but no go. This is the second time this has happened to me when i have really been looking forward to a great day out. I'm generally a calm and laid back sort of bloke but my anger and disappointment have reached levels that are down right dangerous tonight. Anyway that's enough about me, you guys have a cracker of a M&G, was looking forward to meeting some new faces but maybe next time.

Rang my deckie, lucky he's a top bloke so we will take his tinny out for a spin anyway so might see a few of you out on the water, will monitor 21 and listen in to see how you guys are doing.

cheers
    C

Wayne I will be working south from mooloolaba down to north bribie. My Christmas present to my brother and nephew. Would have loved to been able to catch up with you guys may be next time. My mobile is 0400529600 send me a text so I can let you know if they are further north

Man...late notice...lucky I just checked in. Managed to get a hold of Nick (Nslfishing) and we are scrambling to get gear packed and organized, so we'll be there.

I'll make sure I send my mobile number to the organizer of any future M&G's - I'll fall on my sword for this one.

Ben.

All ahead full for us for tomorrow. See you there guys. Steve

Well, Mat and I met up with the fellas at Wayne's this morning - great to meet you all guys. We found the trip out to the channel marks a bit of hard work, but persisted.

We trolled North for a ways then came in and trolled behind the breakers most of the way back.

Saw almost no surface action and only picked up one undersize mac in the channel.

I got pretty queasy with the swell so we had to make a short day of it. Bummed at missing the BBQ. (Wayne hope you saw our note - my apologies)

Hoping to hear how the others got on. Attached is our SafeTrx log for the day if anyone is interested.

Thanks again Wayne for organising, and for your hospitality.

Cheers, Steve and Mat
    Attached Images Attached Images