Thread: Furuno FCV585 transducer cable

Furuno FCV585 transducer cable

Hi Guys,

Just picked up a new boat (second hand) and it's fitted with a furuno fvc 585 sounder. What i first noticed about it was the transducer cable was so tight from the transducer into the transom wiring loom. After tracing the wire to the dash where the head unit is located there is no spare length left on the wire and it is super tight the whole way from head unit to transducer (nearly stretching).

so my question is can you extend the cable?

Cheers

Re: Furuno FCV585 transducer cable

You can but an extension cable for them.

It must be pretty long, I just replaced mine and it came with about 6-7m of cable. Sure there isnt a zip tie somewhere making it look like its stretched?

nope no zip ties, traced cable it's entire length and there was nothing to spare. boat is 6.2 meters long and i'd say previous owner has used every part of the 6 meters.

do the extensions come in different lengths and do they affect your sounder readings?

I'm not sure how long they are. I thought I would have to buy one but didn't need it. Mine is on a 24ft Kevlacat and just reaches; I reckon you should be able to sneak a couple of inches out of it somewhere to get the slack you need.

The extensions come in about 4m from memory; they're not cheap. It wont affect your sounder readings.