Thread: Cairns Offshore Meet and Greet

Cairns Offshore Meet and Greet

Hi to all the Carns members . Due to the variable conditions up here it is hard to firm up a date but I would like to get out on the water with some fellow members before xmass.
    I am limited to weekends and because I am a wearer of the girlie pussy blouse I would like 5 to 10 knot conditions. Maybe we could start looking in our crystal balls and come up with some proposed dates?

Re: Cairns Offshore Meet and Greet

I will give you a prediction.. 5-10 knots any time during the week.. weekend 15-20knots.. seems pretty standard of late.

I'm out for the next few months. Got a sh*tload of work backed up here so I am working 7 days a week until xmas by the look of it unfortunately.

Pazz

Sounds good. Count me in.

Come on Pazz. What's more important, work or fishing with some mates? Just work 25 hours a day and you'll make up the extra time.

Steve

Saturday or Sunday 16-17th is shaping up at this stage

Just checked seabreeze. Looks good. Any ideas re launch points and areas to fish?

I won't be back from work till the 21st

Does anyone know someone in the flying doctors? We might have to organise a medivac

I will be in,port that weekend with the inlaws might try and sneak out for a fish tho if I can find somewhere to store the boat..

Just looked at seabreeze. Looks great.

It does look good for you blokes this weekend,

I would be keen to attend sometime before Xmas, would have been keen this weekend but I am running a couple weeks late with the boat.

What to do together once offshore?.... meet up somewhere like at a wreck and drift in turn something like that?

It's hard when we have it all up here already and the green zones can mean lots of extra distance between differing fishing areas.

Suggest meet at the ramp. A bit of friendly banter on the radio etc. Compare tactics and results at the end of the day. Always good to get some tips etc of likeminded fishos.

Did anyone get out? Seabreeze looked terrific all weekend.....jealous.