Thread: Torres Strait Fishing- Videos

Torres Strait Fishing- Videos

Sorry will try to stop posting videos after this…. but Thought I would share a couple more videos from our time in the Torres Strait.

Boigu Barra- Lived/worked on Boigu Island (so close to PNG you could make out the villages) for 2 years. Great barra, salmon, black jew and grunter fishing. Awesome culture and community.

Lived/worked on T.I. for 2 years with endless fishing options despite the trade winds that blow from March-Nov. Here are a couple of our adventures. Love the straits and plan to head back one day.
    Shelf Trip- Weather came good as we were packing to move back south so did what anyone would do… left the misses to pack everything and took off to the shelf (bloody long way).

Jardine Barra Session- Day trip from T.I. to Jardine River.

Jackson River- Annual fishing trip the blokes would make down the West coast of Cape and camp at Jackson River for a week or so (usually Sept School Hols)

Re: Torres Strait Fishing- Videos

Awesome videos mate. Very envious.

Pazz

Great videos mate. Loved the shelf one especially. Is that what they call the Doldrums ?

Yeh mate… blows a good 25knts most the year but drops out around Dec/Jan/Feb (Doldrums). Unfortunately this is holidays and most go back south to visit family. Also can be a bit unpredictable with storm activity. Took a Sat phone to the shelf… long way in one boat. Had engine issues on way back…luckily it was an easy fix (oil wasn't getting through) but not a good feeling- when alarm comes on and motor will only do about 5knts.