Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fri/Sat

Fri/Sat

Hey blokes, I may be chasing a decky for an overnighter Fri/Sat. Most likely be going off Brissie, and will more than likely go deep.

Boat is a 2700 Noosa Cat with four strokes. Trip wont cost you anything but if you want to eat and/or drink just bring your own.

Just a couple of things;
    - By all means bring beers, Ive got no dramas with having a relaxed time but dont tolerate pisswrecks on the water
    - I have found out recently of blokes on my boat (not off here) leaving GPS left on on their phones and pinching marks, please dont try this
    - i am mid 30's, i would much prefer someone roughly my age (within 10 yrs) but its no big deal.
    - Cant get seasick because I wont be coming home

I dont think these things are unreasonable since it will cost you nothing and you dont have to bring anything.

I will pull the pin on it and stay home if weather changes for the worse. Theres some reports in the offshore section if you are interested in some past trips.

Best bet is to PM me.

Cheers

Re: Fri/Sat

Oh, and apologies to past deckies off here that i havent contacted prior to putting this up, i lost my phone and numbers, feel free to give me a bell.....

Bugger! I am working in Bundaberg from Friday till Tuesday, otherwise I would have been there!

Ben.

Not able to take you up on the offer but all the points you make are more than reasonable I think.

Youv should have no problems getting a deckie, and what you ask is more than reasonable. Good luck, will now wait to see the fishing report.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Thanks blokes, my mate was going to take his boat as well but had his decky pull the pin so we have decided to join forces in one boat. With the weather looking good, we wanted to make sure we got a trip in.

Cheers!

For all you guys who have read this post and sat of the fence trust me when i say you should of taken this guy up!!!!

Great bloke!!!!!

Most importantly...Top 1% fisherman.

Probably a good idea being good at ones profession.....

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Probably a good idea being good at ones profession.....

Mate when he came out fishing with me he wasn't a mate just a bloke that knew i was having boat problems and came out for a days fishing to offer he's advice. Good advice I might add.
    For him to offer a free trip to guys on this forum that may or may not have a boat i thought was a good gesture.
    Just saying 99% of fisho's would benefit from a trip with guys like Shane (like them or not) and would increase their catch rates dramatically if paying attention.

Ditto .....but i'm buying him a parachute anchor for Christmas lol

A parachute anchor?? Come on mate, you know its not fishing unless you're belting along at four knots with waves breaking over the gunnel!! Although, since I've been dragged into supervising the kids for sillytrick or treating tonight, with a couple of eyeholes the para anchor would finish off my Grand Wizard costume nicely.(its a joke of course). Thanks for the kind words Keith, if you're boat testing wide, you know roughly where I will be, I will let you know if they're chewing.

The spot is open again. My mate has had a drama at work and had to pull out. If anyone's keen send me a PM. All the hard work is done, just have to turn up. If I don't go, I will have 300kg of ice that'll go to waste so if anyone is going from Scarby tomorrow or Saturday, you may as well take it.... I'm shattered.

Mate I would have stuck my hand up for sure but I am sitting on my ass recovering from knee surgery,making up rigs...
    Jelous as hell your going out ...good luck

Mate I could use some of that ice ...freezer cant keep up with the rumbos

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneC View Post
    The spot is open again. My mate has had a drama at work and had to pull out. If anyone's keen send me a PM. All the hard work is done, just have to turn up. If I don't go, I will have 300kg of ice that'll go to waste so if anyone is going from Scarby tomorrow or Saturday, you may as well take it.... I'm shattered.
    Been a LONG time since I have had an opportunity like this, but CANT do it....BUGGA

If the option becomes available again, I would be a starter...AND happy to pay my own way.

Thanks, Ray.

I'm sorted now thanks dudes. Managed to convince another mate to come along so I'm back in the game. Just need the wind to back off a touch and all will be grand. Thanks, I will post a report with some photos from work on Sunday.