Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Agnes M & G. Economic Assessment. FYI

Exclamation 2013 Agnes M & G. Economic Assessment. FYI

An Economic Impact Assessment for Recreational Fishing activities undertaken by:-

Ausfish members, friends and families during the
    2013 Annual Ausfish Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & Greet.

In September of 2013, some 120 Ausfish members, family and friends attended the M & G. 30 boats and 1 Jet Ski were brought to the event by 29 owners. Members came from places such as Mornington Peninsula in Victoria, Coffs Harbour in New South Wales, Rockhampton / Yeppoon in Queensland, but the majority have their home base in the SEQ region. There were local members attending as well and some from close by including Bundaberg and Gladstone.

The majority of members stayed for 7 nights and there were about 14 members that stayed for 14 nights or more. Only three members stayed for less than 7 nights.

A financial expense of $266,411.00 was the estimated total being spent by all members for the M & G and pre M & G activities. An amount of $173,377.00 was deemed to be spent in the township of Agnes Water during the M & G.

On average, each boat owner outlayed about $2,600.00 in Agnes Water during the M & G. On average, each “ deckie “ outlayed about $1,408.00 during the M & G.

A break up of costs for boat owners for 1 week are :- ( some other expenses not included )

Food takeaway............................170.00
    Food Dine in...............................228.00
    Alcohol on-site and takeaway.......186.00
    Accommodation..........................590.00
    Fuel car & boat..........................1,050.00
    Ice............................................... 55.00

Other items for all members as a total expenditure:-

Bait and Tackle..........................600.00
    Taxi..........................................280. 00
    LARC.........................................240.0 0
    Supermarket.............................2,200.00
    Hardware....................................200.00
    Medical expenses......................1,200.00
    Charity donations......................2,800.00 ( VMR & Surf Club )

Some items have not been factored in like, Pokie machine donations, newspapers, postcards, lotto, gas refills, pub raffle tickets and some items have been forgotten about.

One boat owner outlayed over $10,000 for their M & G event, which included upgrading of marine electronics, purchasing of tackle and accessories, motor vehicle items and more. Another member as “ deckie “ outlayed as little as $1,000. There were a number of families attending with children and in one case a family unit expenses amounted to about $3,900.00 for the M & G.

The expenses outlayed by members range enormously , but the average is certainly close to the mark. There are many members that also make trips to Agnes Water / 1770 throughout the year and contribute much more to the townships economic wealth. The M & G is always held outside peak periods / school holidays and thus provides impetus leading into the peak demand.

regards

Phill ( LP )
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: 2013 Agnes M & G. Economic Assessment. FYI

So when do I get a bloody road named after me up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Caltex Alley (Al-Lee)?
    Jim

Wait for the wet season...,

Muddy Road.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

there's something wrong with that alcohol figure. how can there be $400 in food and less than $200 in alcohol? i know how averages work and muddy is a tea totaller but surely there wasn't that much bootleg grog up there to skew the figures that much?
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    there's something wrong with that alcohol figure. how can there be $400 in food and less than $200 in alcohol? i know how averages work and muddy is a tea totaller but surely there wasn't that much bootleg grog up there to skew the figures that much?
    Trust an accountant to audit the figures

And Muddy there is a road named after you mate - look closer:-

"Bitches Village People Circus"

- oh no hang on "Beaches Village Circuit"

Thanks for posting this Phill - it is not only a good idea for all here on how much the local community benefits from this event but it also is a good reference for those planning on going in the future on what to expect. For sure this will be referenced in years to come when the same questions arise - well done
    Cheers

Trev

Yes Trev, the local council and business community have recieved the assessment, as well as an extended version with suggestions on how to improve the recreational fishing experience at Agnes Water / 1770.

Well Dave......... that grog figure was for boat owners, not the deckies........... the non-boat ( bringers ) grog figure is substancially more than that. All that means is that the boat owners either brought their own grog with them, including Joy , or they took the responsible approach and limited their consumption, probably due to the already heavy expenditure experienced in the pre- M & G finanical burdens...

cheers LP

ps. It is noted that one member brought along $1,080.00 in RRP alcohol. non boat bringer.
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 29-10-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Does this now mean every year in September rental property prices will rise?? Or am I just being cynical?

Quote Originally Posted by thelump View Post
    Does this now mean every year in September rental property prices will rise?? Or am I just being cynical?
    Once again you're just being cylindrical.....

Once again you're just being cylindrical.....
    Or Spherical

spherical
    ˈsfɛrɪk(ə)l/Submit
    adjective
    shaped like a sphere.
    synonyms: round, globular, ball-shaped, globe-shaped, orb-shaped, orb-like, bulbous, bulb-shaped, balloon-like

Cheers

Trev

Oi. Enough of the fat jokes ya bastards. Its just that our house was rented by Honda900 last week for around $700 and they want over a $1000 for it at M&G time next year. I'm sure others would do the same! Anyway Muddy eat a dog and Trev I'll deal with you on Saturday!

Well lets fix that, lets have next years in August.
    No such thing as a fat alcoholic, just fat piss pots...

Oi. Enough of the fat jokes ya bastards. Its just that our house was rented by Honda900 last week for around $700 and they want over a $1000 for it at M&G time next year. I'm sure others would do the same! Anyway Muddy eat a dog and Trev I'll deal with you on Saturday!
    It's good to see you are taking it well and in the right spirit

Just helping out Muddy as he seems to struggle with geometry

Seeya Saturday

And as for me - I am just dirty I had to pull out of the last 1770 M&G - will be at the next one though with bells on

Would have been at the M&G in a couple of weeks except the weekend picked is chappie's birthday

As for the sudden rental hike - Might be worth doing an assessment to see if it is one off or a trend - would be very counter productive of a small community to try and exploit something like this.
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    Well lets fix that, lets have next years in August.
    Whats the cost in August?

Name and shame mate