Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kaypee and JT trip, offshore yeppoon

Kaypee and JT trip, offshore yeppoon

So Mick(Kaypee) decided it was time to take his 2100 kevlacat for another run, how did I know this cause bloody all I heard from JT was that he was going for a trip on “PUMP ACTION” all week. “Im going for a trip with Mick and you suck balls,blah blah bloody blah” was all I heard. I was trying to put the guilts on JT that he should be taking me fishing as I had recently sold my boat for family reasons, “blah blah Kevlacat, blah blah reds blah blah you can get stuffed” was all I could get out of him. To my surprise on wednesday mick rings up looking for another deckie for a Thursday day trip, it was the only day I had spare which worked great, “does JT know i'm coming?” I asked mick. “Nah he’s got no idea and we will keep it that way”.

We pulled up at the rosslyn bay ramp for JT to load his gear, little did he know I was hiding in the cabin ready to frighten the shit out of him, I sent Mick a text telling him I felt like a stripper ready to jump out of a cake.

We launched off from the pontoon and I heard Mick say to JT to get something from up the front, well as he reached in I grabbed him on the arm and roared at him, the poor old bugger almost had a hearty on the spot and I’m sure a little bit of wee might have made its way south. After we stopped pissing ourselves laughing and JT admitted he had been got, we settled into all things fishing.

We hit the bait grounds and found it tough to find some yakkas. We wound up with a few then headed east. The first stop is where I had nailed my previous PB red. The sounder showed good ground but we drew a blank there after multiple drifts so we moved on. The next bit of ground looked great with a few likely looking suspects sitting on the bottom. After a few drifts I came up tight. I was using just a single paternoster with a set of ganged 7/O’s and had managed to hook a decent red throat and about 50cm of red emperor, something you don’t see everyday.

Jt was up next with another red throat for the box and Mick came up tight.His shout was ‘trout’ while bringing it to the surface. We all pissed outlaughing when he swung an ass hooked hussar over the side, great call champ. He did manage saving grace with his very next fish being a nice trout though so good save.

We swung around for another drift and Mick was on again. He was using a single rig aswell but with 2 snooded circle hooks. Imagine our surprize when two cracking trout hit the surface on the one rig, JT gaffed one to make it certain we wouldget at least one of them and the second hung on as well. Mick let out a yahoo of excitement and so he shood after that effort. While taking a couple of pix my rod doubles over in the holder and up comes another trout, cracking drift.

A few drifts later and I put down my favourite red emperor bait which is the heads off the squid we catch around the Keppel Islands. Well Jt catches them as I am bloody hopeless at squiding so I trade booze for heads which works for both of us. I could feel a bit of tampering going on, lifted the rod slightly to feel weight then struck hard. The bloody rod was almost ripped from me with braid pouring off a near locked up drag. Big headshakes had me calling red and when it hitthe surface I was yahooing like a man possessed. The screams got louder once it hit the back of the net. 13kg and 94cm on the mat and I had a new PB red emperor. Hand shakes for JT with a great net shot and Mick for bringing me out so cheers fellas and couldn’t have done it without ya’s. I think Mick’s exact words were “standard day on board PUMPACTION really”, pfft yeah right.

We spent the remainder of the day adding a few red throat here and another trout there. We done a bit of trolling while we were out there but the mackies were a no show,it was a shame cause the conditions were awesome.

The triphome was good except for the final 20km’s through the bay which was standing up.I got to drive the kevlacat which was great and definitely a bit different to the 4.8 centere console I am used too.

Would like to thank Mick and JT for making the trip great, plenty of banter and jokes and a few quality fish finished the trip off nicely. Cheers

P.S I betterlet ya’s know I was unable to help with the clean up as we were trying to find a school suitable for my daughter the next day, felt guilty as sh*t not being there, thought I would clear that one up before JT gets on here starting his usual rant. Oh and almost forgot fellas that you better cough up those scratchies for biggest red fish of the trip
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Re: Kaypee and JT trip, offshore yeppoon

We will pay up if u had of turned up to clean u sissy LALA
    Awesome report mate and the pics top notch . Trip out was great and loved the Cat and always good out with mates and of course when u are involved my little homo buddy
    Poor mick and I were stuffed cause u were out all day without helping us clean up
    Great trip great company mick was
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Nice work boony, and a great pb red at 13kg well done.

steve

While I was cleaning the boat today it took longer than usual due to the amount of blood on Boonys side. JT put this down to the amount of blood coming from that Red.. Not from its throat... From its arse!! Boony was tampering with it that long I think it cut its own throat!!
    Was a top day though boys.. And don't worry Boony JT filleted the fish, I'm sure he wouldn't of done anything to yours
    Bring on the next trip!

Cracker fishing, the conditions look horrible out there...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kaypee View Post
    While I was cleaning the boat today it took longer than usual due to the amount of blood on Boonys side. JT put this down to the amount of blood coming from that Red.. Not from its throat... From its arse!! Boony was tampering with it that long I think it cut its own throat!!
    Was a top day though boys.. And don't worry Boony JT filleted the fish, I'm sure he wouldn't of done anything to yours
    Bring on the next trip!
    U did have ur dog there mick so only tampered with Booneys fish a little
    And am still sore from carrying Booney as usual
    VHF CHANNEL 21

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

Great shots Booney. That Trout double up was something to see. I reckon the price of those Squid heads just doubled
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Nice work you CQ boys.

Conditions looked great and also good to get out on a Thursday, have the place to yourselves ?

They say that placing ones digit in the rectum of a Red, makes it go quite for photo taking. But Boony, once the photo is taken you can remove said digit !!!!

Top pics and report... thanks Boony, JT and Mick

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    .......... always good out with mates and of course when u are involved my little homo buddy..
    JT
    JT, perhaps that could have been rephrased a bit.

...... And don't worry Boony JT filleted the fish, I'm sure he wouldn't of done anything to yours
    Ah, the mind games! Did he or didn't he do something to your fillets?

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    U did have ur dog there mick so only tampered with Booneys fish a little
    More mind games!

Good report, pics and fish lads. Well done on the PB red Boony and the double up trout effort.
    I am so happy to wake up in the morning.

Beats the alternative!

Bring on the next trip!
    My side of the boat would have been filthy as that's where all the magic happened JT's side would have been spotless due to poor performance but laurel (Jt wifey) has been telling me he's had that problem for years

Awesome fun and can't wait for next trip as always, forgot to add that we got plenty of great video so will edit it up after I get the meet and greet video done.

Horse, squid heads have gone to 3 cartons instead of one now though, apparently

Phill, u would think there wouldn't be many boats out but the spot where I got the red, mick had found this spot on the last trip, we pulled up and here is a big fly bridge about 100 meters away.... Go figure

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Great shots Booney. That Trout double up was something to see. I reckon the price of those Squid heads just doubled
    As it happens I have a $1000 packet of 14 prime squid heads in my freezer as we speak
    He cathes one red and Mick and I have to do all the work go figure . That was one long interview must have took about the same amount of time as it did for us to clean and fillet hey
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21

Great read as usual Boony,had a good laugh with my coffee.Cracker of a trip as well.

so I trade booze for heads which works for both of us

Yeah, I knew a girl like that once !

Great report Boony and awesome looking conditions. Couldn't ask for a better day out I reckon. Well done boys.

Fellas,I went around to Mick,s place yesterday and witnessed jt and Mick doing it hard,and also got to here some of the lame excuses that Boony told them why he couldn't make it(PRETTY LAME),On the other hand the boys definatly had a good trip well done boys,Was thinking as Boony doesn't have a boat maybe he could offer some sort of cleaning service at jt meet and greet(PINK SHORTS NOT ALLOWED).
    CHEERS AND BEERS

Excellent report along with some very nice Pics therte..Well done.