Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Looks like we all have to retire from fishing.....

Re: Looks like we all have to retire from fishing.....

I actually caught a fish over at Green last Thurs.

I thought is tasted funny.....

Then a m8 told me it was a ClownFish

Red face Re: Looks like we all have to retire from fishing.....

Quote Originally Posted by solemandownunder View Post
    I actually caught a fish over at Green last Thurs.
    I thought it tasted funny.....
    Then a m8 told me it was a ClownFish
    Did you "EAT IT" on your boat or at your residence??

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...um-enthusiasts

What size/weight M8 ??

clown2.jpg

Yes this true. I like how the actual act of fishing has just become a bcf commercial........

Hey BloodSport are you a greanie? Why do you call yourself that stupid name on here and expect respect then put up a thread about not fishing?

Tell us about your fishing exploits.

I read old mates original post and thought I would stay away from this thread. But every time there is a disaster it is chicken little time and is the worst thing that happened. Think back to the ship that lost all the containers off Brisbane. Think back to all the oil on straddy or moreton island. So this is the latest bit of the sky falling whoopy doo. I see someone put up a photo of downtown hiroshima now ,well done it just goes to prove the doomsayers wrong

I will now get the popcorn out. Bloodsport if you want support here blame it on an etec powered telwater boat .
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 30-10-2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: things
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

This is bigger than all the oil spills on earth ever.......... Your not fathoming the scale of this thing. Its hard to swallow

The earth has an incredible way of healing itself....Stuies post is a perfect example... there has been marine "disasters" forever and no appparent long term effects... only as stuie describes 'the sky is falling' syndrome.

Who knows what a half life is?

Look I don't know if the Fukishima disaster will harm us here, probly not that much, but to say its OK and that the earth will just heal itself is a bit much... there has been so much stuff destroyed around here (CQ) just in my lifetime that I can't see how it will recover for hundreds of years, maybe never. Now I know people have to have a job and we need to have exports, investment blah blah, but ffs surely the bits of environment left still usable need to be protected.

Sometimes I think Qld has its own Fukashima disaster happening right now, just a lot slower. The Coal, gas, and port expansion here is frightening, just go and look at Gladstone and Curtis Is.

Alll I want to do is be able to go and catch a ####ing fish

Moonlighter you are a genius! Australia can save the world! or to be more specific Australian Ausfishers save the world! We now need to dig our "Suez Canal" from Lake Eyre to the ocean. This will result in a huge amount of water rushing inland and forming a new inland sea. Think of the economic benefits this would lead to. The worlds oceans would drop centimetres and all those islands in danger of flooding will be saved. Think of the taxes Australia could levy on other economic countries for saving our environment. The monies gained could be used in our Moreton Bay to make Arti Reefs that really work. Not political reefs that make the greenies happy. Whose in it? Of course we will need a little bit more research but could you imagine those old farmers out there hooking up to a tuna or sailfish on a hand line?

Some interesting discussion about the realities of Fukushima...

http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=15903
    http://www.dw.de/scientists-downplay...rds/a-17182633

There is so much more, this way and that. Same old scare stories from same old scare mongers. Greenies, UN want us all to stop doing everything, so they tell bullshit stories and fools just lap it up. Sea levels aren't rising, radiation levels are fine, ice isn't melting any faster or slower than it has before, temps are fluctuating like always and so on and so on and so on.

People talk of "belief." This isn't something you panic about because you "believe!" That is Religion. Read, find the source, and who pays them. Money is ALWAYS the answer. $1 Billion a day going on CAGW right now, tell me that's not driving a few porkies???

Short answer? If you're worried, don't go outside because you cop more from the Sun every day.

Sorry to edit, but I thought this was such a giggle, and EVER SO INSTRUCTIVE!!! Read it.

http://notrickszone.com/2013/10/28/i...tal-confusion/
    Last edited by TimiBoy; 30-10-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Added info
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Good to see you back clearing things up Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by JCVDBloodSport View Post
    This is bigger than all the oil spills on earth ever.......... Your not fathoming the scale of this thing. Its hard to swallow
    Hey! Stop using my old pick up line!!
    Jim

If you actually watch the video posted by jvcd, towards the end, the author of the video claims that the Fukushima disaster is the fulfillment of Christ's words as spoken in matthew 24:22 (Its been a while since i watched the vid, but im pretty sure that was the claim that was made)

Apply some critical thinking to the above assertion. Apply the same level of critical thinking to extravegant dooms day predictions, and i think all will be in a happier place.

In the meantime, i look forward to my next feed of fish.

(I posted this a week ago, but the post got removed as i think i overstepped the mark by commenting against the poster) I hope this version is more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by lampuki View Post
    (I posted this a few weeks ago, but the post got removed as i think i overstepped the mark by commenting against the poster) I hope this version is more appropriate.
    that's impressive! you posted on a thread 2 weeks before it was started?. you must have had a busy week!
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!