Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Looks like we all have to retire from fishing.....

Re: Looks like we all have to retire from fishing.....

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    Its funny reading different peoples opinions and views on this subject.....(any subject really)

some are pessimistic....

some are optimistic....

and some are realistic...like me..... WHO CARES ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING!!!!

Only time will tell what is really going on....no one seems to know enough about anything to believe...so who cares.... Just keep on fishing!!

Not enough time to worry about Global warming and where im going to catch my next Snapper!!!!!
    I guess it depends on what you want your kids, grandkids etc to inherit after we are all gone...

btw link to polar sea ice graph http://psc.apl.washington.edu/wordpr...ho+time%28%29+

Sorry Locky I'm a pessimist so i'm going to head up to 1770 on Sunday, bag out and fill the freezer before the fish start growing there second head.

Thanks for the heads up.

Not trying to say its not a bad thing if it is in fact really happening.....

Just that there seems to be no 'real' science behind any of it and all based on computer models and so on..... Weather Data has only been collected for a very small period of the Earths life and I believe global Warming and Cooling is cyclic.... I mean we all know we have had at least one Iceage previously..way before any human could have influenced that.....Just dont think there is any point freaking out about it when i really dont think there is anything we can do about it......

in regards to my Children and Grand Children Im more concerned with the way society is going then the weather!!

Seems to me to be another Y2K Bug......

Keith.....

If you were an optimist you would be trying Moreton Bay for the Reds and Trout.....surely with this Global Warming they will turn up here shortly??

The trout are already in the Bay, if you know where to find them....been caught here for at least the last 20 years to my knowledge.

I caught a juvenile chinaman fish a couple of years ago at Peel. So it shouldn't surprise anyone that trout are about too.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    The trout are already in the Bay, if you know where to find them....been caught here for at least the last 20 years to my knowledge.

I caught a juvenile chinaman fish a couple of years ago at Peel. So it shouldn't surprise anyone that trout are about too.
    I've caught coral trout(undersized) at smiths rock...

I have caught Trout, Reds and Chinaman also...but I challenge someone to target them and get them consistently......

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    I have caught Trout, Reds and Chinaman also...but I challenge someone to target them and get them consistently......
    Mate I cant get snapper (squire I should say) consistently in the bay never mind reds and trout.

So your saying if Abbott gets a few terms and continues to ignore global warming then we should all be catching reds and trout in the bay? Yeah!!!!

Then labor gets in with the Greens and the bay turns into a green zone and we go back to catching bugger all?

What happens if Clive gets in?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/28-sign...ushima/5355280

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-lid...action/5354248

By the looks of some of the answers here on second thought keep fishing and eating seafood... as much as you can off you go now.....

Quote Originally Posted by JCVDBloodSport View Post

By the looks of some of the answers here on second thought keep fishing and eating seafood... as much as you can off you go now.....
    do i sense cold feet with this thread. or should i say warm feet?

Attachment 97266

(Hiroshima in 2013.)

If you want to scare people, you will not get far here on the Ausfish forum.
    Thanks for posting, thoughtful stuff but (IMO)a minute actual risk in comparison to all the usual ones....
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I fully support you all giving up fishing... personally I think you should all put your fishing gear on the market and get what you can for it.. while you can
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

I reckon the world should stop creating new taxes to save the world when not one cent of that money earned will alter any result.
    If we do nothing at all, what will happen?
    If we do everything we can, what will happen??
    Exactly the same thing will happen, we will adapt to a 23c day in winter and a 34c day in summer as the averages. Have we not already endured those temps several dozen times every single season???
    So what if the sea levels rise marginally??? People will move to higher ground.

Seriously, there is nothing that will happen that humans will not endure and adapt to.
    Jack.

I got Cancer long before this thread started .
    All the more fish for me
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Those who are not concerned by the threats of global warming, rising sea levels, radioactive poisoning can party on as we were!

Those who ARE concerned by the threats of global warming, rising sea levels, radioactive poisoning can move inland and find something to do out there.

Thanks to the disaster at Fukushima, Japan power companies currently have renewed interest in coal mining. So get a safe inland job working in a coal mine for a Jap energy company....
    Funny world, isn't it?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"