Thread: lowrance HDS5x & NMEA 2000

lowrance HDS5x & NMEA 2000

Anyone have experiance hooking up their NMEA fuel etc with this sounder??...
    Cheers

Re: lowrance HDS5x & NMEA 2000

Yep. Got one on my network and it is linked to my Suzuki DF115 and shows all engine data as expected. There are 3 "info" pages, one that looks like a virtual dashboard and 2 others with various combinations of engine and sounder-related data shown.

One thing to remember though, unless you have a GPS antenna on your network somewhere, you wont get fuel economy data.

Cheers

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Thanks fer that ML,had to ask as i have had it setup with my Garmin but the Lowrance sounder also has the nmea available and thought ide see if boith op[tions were available so as not to have to move away from my Nav page when travelling and just flick over to the sounder for the info.
    T-piece isthe so just a matter of another connection to the sounder.

ML can a HDSS unit with internal antena feed GPS data into the network?
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

G'day Garry,Mate the Lowrance unit is a sounder only and it does have the NMEA input..

Volvo,

can you read my question again??

I have a piece of electronics which requires GPS positioning data supplies through the NMEA 2000 network so I asked ML if the internal antenna units can transmit the data into the network other wise I have to add an N2K antenna into the network.
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Yes Garry it does. On my network i have a HDS5m which is of course a GPS and a HDS5 sounder. The m provides GPS data to the network.

Volvo - yes all you need is an extra T piece added into your network backbone, and a cable to go from it to the Lowrance. Lowrance or garmin cables or T piece will both do the job. They are pretty well mix and match.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Sorry about that Garry, read it wrong...Thanks for your reply ML. The T-Piece is there just need that extra piece to order now..