Thread: garmin 751

garmin 751

Fellas, I've looked at this and that chartplotter,someone said get this one,no get that one,Fairdinkum how can things be so hard???.Well I don't want to spend a million dollars or look at a plasma tv,so I rocked down to the local BCF and believe it or not found some knowledgeable dude showed me the latest garmin 751 nice bit of gear and easy to use,So the question is who has one and do you like it????.(No wonder a man drinks)
    CHEERS AND BEERS

Re: garmin 751

hey mate i have one on my polycraft running next to my lowrance hds7
    they are brilliant units. the chirp is awesome, best loPo chirp on the market. easy to use. the best built in gps on the market. the topo maps are awesome for inland/coastal
    the pinch to zoom is awesome
    yes i do sell these units. but i guess that opens me up to other brands as well. so chosing one for myself must mean a lot
    garmin dosnt bring out a lot of units often. unlike other brands that might bring out a new unit every year or so. so garmin has to produce a unit that isnt only good for the market now. but good for what might come onto the market in three years. so they make very solid performing units..
    for example
    there is wifi and bluetooth built into the unit.. where there isnt much use for it now.. but there may be soon
    same with an ethernet port.... not much use now.. but there will be soon
    and a 12 pin sonar port.... which.....................well garmin recently purchased interphase technology.. and well read what you like into that

in short... GREAT unit.. good value too.

I have the 750s and stoked with it for the price i payed and would own a garmin again if need be..

quick video i made demonstrating the chirp.