Thread: fry-a-fox !!!!! , not happy Jan

Question fry-a-fox !!!!! , not happy Jan

ok gurus/disciples......geeks.....(not u phillie willie )

WHY is/does Flash?? plug-in...sometimes "hang" in "Firefox"
    FFS.....annoying!!! (yeah,yeah...reload page link works)

suggestion??...best 2 reload an older version of flash??....or what??
    dunno.....BUT VERY annoying at present using fry-a-fox

Re: fry-a-fox !!!!! , not happy Jan

Firefox = Crap
    Chrome = Crap

IE = Crap, but at least it is a supported industry standard. Been working in IT for 14yrs+ and I stick with IE.

Just sayin'....

IE10 doesn't seem to "activate" the like/dislike buttons? ...mod appreciation button is "blank"
    fry-a-fox i think is "supposedly" aligned/tweaked to AF
    i'll just persevere onwards !!

Ausfish is heaps faster on Firefox......why is that Ben?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    IE10 doesn't seem to "activate" the like/dislike buttons? ...mod appreciation button is "blank"
    fry-a-fox i think is "supposedly" aligned/tweaked to AF
    i'll just persevere onwards !!
    Just disagreed with your post from IE10. It will something to do with the security setting for allowing active content, scripting or similar.

I don't find it any faster in Firefox than I do in IE10. I did find it average in IE8 and IE9 is a disaster. I have to run all of the different browsers to support my clients and some of the hardware I deploy can only be configured in Firefox.

It's a bit like Windows/crApple/Android or Nissan/Toyota/etc - people will like what they like regardless and it is what they get used to using and become comfortable with.

Firefox tends to perform better than IE on older or lower spec machines.

Then you come to Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 where Flash is built in to IE - those f&$*ing bastards at Microsoft! A lot of websites and hardware/software management consoles rely on Flash for their graphical interface to do programming/configuration. Because Flash is built in to IE, it is not actually 'installed' as such in W8/S2012, so when you launch the page/console, it cannot detect Flash as being installed and you are therefore stuffed!

The workaround? Install Firefox and install Flash for Firefox - a crap solution IMHO.

Anyway, that is my rant for the day over... IT eats $*%^!!!

Ben.