Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Posting fishing reports

Re: Posting fishing reports

Good to see the lump and netmaker post by my rule of not typing what they wouldn't say to my face. I heard them tell me my ETEC is noisy many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Good to see the lump and netmaker post by my rule of not typing what they wouldn't say to my face. I heard them tell me my ETEC is noisy many times.
    Well it did wake most of south straddie up that morning.....

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    I think we actually said " that gay blokes etec is noisy" so not quite what we actually said to your face!

I get it - Is that about the time you started your post about how good Yamahas are Macca? Did you say that to his face too?

Scalem

Its pretty hard to take anything a man says who wears pink tights seriously. Just sayin....
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

You guys are just looking at this all wrong!

Now with very little reports being posted is the time to put one up as it will be on the front page for ages and get over 2000 views before it disappears into page 2 and obscurity!

You don't have to come back and say absolutely nothing to get it back to the top of page 1 every day - cuz it will just sit there for weeks.

I used to post fishing reports and hope to again soon - just have to get fishing more

I do enjoy reading the positive posts of fish being caught but I do also value the post saying SFA caught as it saves me the temptation to throw a few hundred into the tank for nothing

BTW banana I have enjoyed your posts in the past of great catches off 1770.
    Funchy good luck with your present journey - hope time heals.
    And FYI all - little fella is going great guns atm and we are hopeful for a positive result without the hospital - thread on this next week - catchya
    Cheers

Trev

Awesome news Trev! Still keeping the prayer up for him.
    Best and most important report I have read on Ausfish in ages mate!
    Mal

Blog Entries

Happy dance Trev!!!!!

Ive seen you do the happy dance Luke, NOT a pretty sight!!!

Are we still right for that weekend at your place??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    Ive seen you do the happy dance Luke, NOT a pretty sight!!!

Are we still right for that weekend at your place??
    Pm on its way

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I remember Justjack and his reports and I do remember some of the criticism he copped. Must admit I had difficulty believing some of his catches myself.

People who post reports with a bit of info a doing others a favour and giving a 'heads up'. It is a damn shame that so many of the people who used to post on ausfish have stopped posting reports. Would be interesting to know why.
    I never post a report any more and even more rarely a comment on Ausfish. I ve been given a serve so many times just for having an opinion. And yes I found myself getting into the negative as well and I took a good look at myself.
    Its the culture on Ausfish... its not managed properly and as a result many of the good posters on here I started reading are all gone. Why, because some of the other forums are better managed and seem to find the way to establish a great culture and dont tolerate the rubbish. Its a shame because I have enjoyed a lot on here and met some great people and learned heaps from them.
    I just feel safer putting my reports elswhere. Some of my recent catches have been taking the bag limit, and Im pretty sure I would be slammed for it on Ausfish. Just sayin and answering the question.
    Flatzie

I think twice before posting reports or posts re my catches on here as well. But my main reasons are not the fear of attack, but just not wanting to seem to brag. Fact is there are fishos whose experience and knowledge sees them catching fish no matter what region they live in, because they have a lifetime of pursuing the knowledge and lore of fishing.

This produces constant catches of quality fish, and makes the hunter a bit self conscious in respect to the masses who seem oft scaleless in the creel. The comparisons are quite stark.
    I guess even this post could be viewed as bragging. Also I haven't got the time to try and teach others the instincts and skills Ive accumulated since I was 4 years old. It takes years to become a successful fisho, and Im more likely to share to a person who is constantly studying fishing like me, than the random person who wants an easy lazy ticket to a quick thrill or feed. I have seen people become remarkable fishos by becoming a keen student, and who have been willing to spend their time and their precious hard earned to gain a Masters in Fishing.
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

I can't wait until I can post a report on the fish I caught.....

So far I can definitely prove there are no fish whatsoever around Mud, Peel, Moreton or Straddie. There are no fish out from the Seaway in any direction, and none around the Pin.

Now that I've spent a year herding them into one or two tiny areas I plan on taking my bag of Snapper soon.

Bloody Hawaiian Netmaker and his posts of those beautiful snapper on plastics is what lured me into starting fishing with those soft plastic fish repellents. Now I've been too long at it to give up and use proper bait like reel men do....

I will post on here as soon as I stun one by accidentally jagging it on the retrieve.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Check your PM's - might be time to do something about it

Hey Funchy,
    Sorry to hear about the tough times going on for you at the moment.
    I went through the same thing 3 and a half years ago (including losing my dog) and now my life is the best.
    I get to spend quality time with my sons doing what we want to do and have built up a great bond between us.
    I surrounded myself with the kindest natured people that were there anytime I needed help or to have a beer, coffee and a chat.
    I now have a wife that encourages us to go out on the boat, (especially if I can bring home some sand crabs).I got my new dog and house.
    I have also recently ended up with a cute little step daughter that loves the boat, fishing and crabbing.
    You seem like a good fella so I am sure you will get what you deserve.
    I am also with Walrus as far as the fishing reports go. I catch SFA and get so excited seeing another PB snapper on SP's but
    I keep on trying and keep coming home empty handed but I love it.
    I love hearing what species are on the chew so please keep them coming.
    Love the Ausfish site.

Cheers Dave