Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Posting fishing reports

Re: Posting fishing reports

This subject has been dealt with many times.

The views of the Administration of Ausfish is that you can post reports until the cows come home.

If, another member posts derogatory remarks, negative comments or insults or questionable comments, report it to us. We will deal with it. Issues arise when the posting member takes the matter into their own hands or another member jumps in to defend the poster and starts some biffo... !

We have a set of rules but also there are discretionary powers and this is where we can deal with posts / comments that are " not in the spirit of the forum ".

From what I have been told from non-posting members is that there are a number of reasons they don't do reports anymore.

Time is the major factor, as stated in above posts... " couldn't be assed "...

People move in and out of the forums. There are very few that don't post because of negative comments. Some really good fishos stopped posting or limit their posts now, because they would get their PM box flogged from members asking for marks etc.

At the end of the day, it is up to the individual if they want to put up a report or not. What happens after that, again, is up to them.

If contained within a report, is a flaw or comments that don't seem right, such as " 2 of us went fishing in Moreton Bay and caught 9 snapper ", then that is the only time that maybe the poster could be sent a PM regarding bag limits, but this should be done in an appropriate manner, OR the thread reported to the Adminsitration for action. But, the fish stocks / bio -mass will not collapse due to 1 person catching 1 fish more than a bag limit, and we should also take into account the ignorance ( meaning not genuinely knowing ) of the fisho. We are all here to learn and help our fellow fishers, I believe, so maybe we should not be casting stones, should one's abode be constructed of glass. There are many ways to acknowledge the deeds of our fellow fishers and if you have nothing positive or constructive to say................ say nothing !

No condoning exceeding bag limits, just saying there is this thing called the " grey area ", as nothing is black & white and all situations have mitigating circumstances.

Loosen up people,, or as Jeremy says... Harden up ! Either way, just relax and enjoy the reports and making new aquaintances and friends.

cheers LP

ps. I appreciate the many members that report issues to me directly and in turn , avoid biffo and the like... thanks guys.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

wish I had a pic of lockies (snapperbasher) big sargent baker to post from yesterday.lol.the bugger woudnt let me take a pic of it

Bring back the biff!!!

Over the years ive had a few who did not appreciate or agree with every thing ive ever said, but stiff!!!
    I take my daily does of pioneer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will post my next PB as a promise to you all....just dont ask me for a timeframe.
    So the metre + flatty, 1.45m jewie, about 52cm bream and 45cm whiting are gonna be posted in years to come if I am extremely lucky.
    I suppose that is another dimension to this thread, how often does one upsize these days when 30 years ago the average sizes were larger? I remember doing mega battles with jumbo yellow tail kings in the inside of moreton for a decade or so very frequently, those schools of that size fish are not around anymore. NSW fish traps paid rest to that resource.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    wish I had a pic of lockies (snapperbasher) big sargent baker to post from yesterday.lol.the bugger woudnt let me take a pic of it
    Rosco.... That Sargent Baker was deserving of its own report.... However had you posted a pic of that beast your inbox would have been flooded with people wanting the marks and a trip of a lifetime to catch one of those beasts!

that's deffinatly 1 mark I wont be giving out mate...going to rename that one lockies sargent pearlie mark.lol

Which reason do you want Jeremy?! I guess I have a number of them... I love writing, not just anything, but I like to paint a picture, tell a story that's worth reading. Unfortunately my descriptions were being used on other Forums in a very demeaning manner - on taking them to task, it was quite apparent that comprehension wasn't their greatest skill. Unfortunately I found this to be the case on most of these forums, inc this one. I got sick and tired of being taken out of context in reports, debates and discussions. That was one...

Another was the angst some of my reports were causing. I'm an average fisho who LOVES fishing! Ok, so S/BASHER may disagree with that statement right now given how fishing currently is taking a back seat to my average soccer skills. But I digress... the point is I get pretty excited when I catch fish! I don't care whether I have a couple of 45's in the esky or a 75cm Snap - either way, I've had a great day! Same with the Tings... 25 tings or a doz over 30cm - I've had a great day! Unfortunately, you can't be excited about this without someone boning you for getting too excited, being accused of thinking your great, a bit of goobie hanging out of your nose or whatever! Some people just hide behind keyboards and like to shoot you down no matter what! Getting hit by pellets enough times eventually is going to split your skin and you're going to have to take yourself out of the firing line.

Hypocrisy! Ohhhh, another one that rivalled 'comprehension' scales... It 's okay for one bloke to catch 25 tings on his own but 2 blokes icing 50 was a cricket score and raping/pillaging of the highest order - simple maths fella's! 50 divided by 2 = 25 per person! Here's another... 2 blokes icing 60 on a monthly trip - abhorrent!! Unfathomable!! But a bloke partners up 3 times a week for 20-30 a trip - no problem - that's caring for fishing stocks!! Get my drift? Get's boring after a while...

And the last one (for the purposes of this response)... I can't help myself when I see keyboard warriors posting total horse scheet! When someone lays in to someone for acting well within the laws and regulations, just because it differs to their personal views, I can't help but jump in have my 2 cents. Legal sizes and bag limits are there for a reason - anyone operating within those limits should not at any point be taken to task for applying them, be it a Jack, Flattie, Crab or whatever! You should also be able to post a pic of such too... but NO!! How dare fisho's operate within the defined and legislated laws, just because others choose to kiss and release their 'legal' fish! I just can't help myself...

So there's just a few of the main reasons why I now 'can't be assed'... it's all just too hard!

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Blog Entries

Why I posted about most of my outings - Share some knowledge about what was biting when and on what etc. Also so I can go back thru my posts and understand what worked / didnt work. It is like an online fishing diary. Also like T1 I like to tell a story

Why I dont post at the moment - Combination of a recent marriage break down, time poor and not catching anything I will post again when I get out and catch something.

Plenty of reasons people do and don't report. Each to their own. Just be respectful whether you agree or not and you got nothing to worry about I reckon.

Last edited by Funchy; 28-10-2013 at 07:35 AM. Reason: spelling

T1, I'm sorry that you have had that experience. I like to read what other guys are doing, and I like to learn from their success or failure. I like the reports where people have caught something or nothing, I don't care. Everything apart from the whinging, or the other side, overblown and overconfident.

I will certainly post in the future, if I ever catch another fish. I'm happy to say what bait, what fish, what time and where. What the hell. While there are a few people on this forum who like to crap on others, in most interactions people have treated me kindly and offered me the benefit of their experience. In truth, that's about all I expect from anyone.

Funchy, I hear you. And yes, your dog is cute. Does he have a name?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeterKroll View Post
    .....Funchy, I hear you. And yes, your dog is cute. Does he have a name?
    His name is Banjo ............ Sadly he is a victim of the break up and has had to find a new home. Thankfully he went to friends..... Top bloody dog he is too....

Funny, my first dog was called 'Clancy', and of course, Banjo Patterson wrote 'Clancy of the Overflow'.

I had to give away my heeler when we had our first kid. Very protective of the baby, until the day she started to walk. The dog went wild, and wanted to attack her.

At least the dog went to a good home as well. She went to a bloke that had a small farm and a motorcycle. He taught the dog (Emma) to sit and ride on the petrol tank, and even got her a pair of those antique pilot goggles. Man, she loved to ride on that bike. It was a great sight to see, her with her tongue out, ears up, and those mad goggles.

Even though it was her fault that we had to get rid of the dog, we still kept the kid though. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Why I posted about most of my outings - Share some knowledge about what was biting when and on what etc. Also so I can go back thru my posts and understand what worked / didnt work. It is like an online fishing diary. Also like T1 I like to tell a story

Why I dont post at the moment - Combination of a recent marriage break down, time poor and not catching anything I will post again when I get out and catch something.

Plenty of reasons people do and don't report. Each to their own. Just be respectful whether you agree or not and you got nothing to worry about I reckon.

Sorry to hear funchy. I for one always read your posts as my parents live up that way and I plan on fishing the passage more so always found valuable info. Hope things turn around for you soon and you are back posting in no time!

I post by a simple rule. If you wouldn't say it to their face don't type it.

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    I post by a simple rule. If you wouldn't say it to their face don't type it.
    Your etec is noisy Brendan

sorry to hear about your woes too funchy. hope all goes well for you.

and yes, brendan's etec is noisy...
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!