Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Posting fishing reports

Re: Posting fishing reports

Quote Originally Posted by fishfeeder View Post
    Macca, what sized Marlin would you keep ??

I C&R heaps of undersized fish so cant see why people jump up and down for keeping legal fish...

Cheers
    Brett
    \
    As far as how big?? The one in my avatar was around 30kg and it ate well. I have caught another bigger probably over 50 and it ate well too. They were both in NSW where there was a bag of 2 per species and no size limit (at the time) Just had a look at the QLD size and bag limit and could not see them????

I've thought about closing up the laptop and erasing ausfish from my favourite bookmark many times. But on reflection it is mostly from the result of my own pride where I have been corrected by those who know more on the subject than me. Nobody likes being exposed, but swallow your pride (harden up)and learn from many great people on here. I know I was packing bearings incorrectly, for instance, its out there, for all to see, if you learnt from my example of how not to do things, GREAT! Some AF members are certainly not on my Christmas card list, as I am probably not on theirs. Who cares? I don't. But there are FAR too many good friends on here that have made a big difference to me, and I know they will be rushing over to make sure I crossed the bar safely, as I will for them too should the need ever arise. Its what exists deeper within a bloke that would give their right arm if you needed them to, despite what they may have said behind a keyboard which is all meaningless.

Scalem

For myself, and a lot of the guys I talk to the reason for not reporting is the I can't be assed factor.

I used to do it but now days I just can't be assed compiling photos and typing a half decent report up after a trip. I'll do it for big trips and M&G's but not for everyday trips.........I think it just gets boring.

So most of the time its people's lack of time to write up a report that prevents it........nothing sinister or no second reason.

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    I don't post reports looking for praise... I post reports to let everyone know what's going on and to generally try and help..... It's not so much negative comments that I have received but I see it going on all the time.... The jumpinpin post was just another example....

Another one that comes to mind was JustJack... He used to post some very good reports with good fish..... He now doesn't post because of the BS that went on....everytime he put a post up he would have underhanded comments basically saying hi posts were bullshit...I have fished with Jack and he is a good fisherman with a lot of knowledge.... He fishes at least once a week still and gets good fish but can't be assed posting.....

It's a shame but there are a lot of people in the same boat I believe..

Would like to know why the reports have dried up?? Are people not fishing anymore? Or am I right in saying people can't be assed?
    Snapperbasher, may have some thing to do with the damn northerlies that have blowing for the last 4 months!!

Just sayin

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Snapperbasher, may have some thing to do with the damn northerlies that have blowing for the last 4 months!!

Just sayin

Tony
    Tony,

Maybe you're right. But I for one have been fishing 2 to 3 times a week northerlies or no northerlies and been getting a few fish....just cant be assed posting :-)

There is always boats out and cars at the ramp so people are still fishing.....

I was out with Rosco yesterday and could here plenty of chatter on the radio with plenty being Ausfish members....havent seen many reports as yet?

Personally lack of reports is simply because I'm time poor. It's not just the time for sitting and compiling a report, it's actually bloody getting out in the first place.

For those that are concerned about others comments, just remember this: 'Life is too short to take forums seriously', so build and bridge and fish under it

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    Tony,

Maybe you're right. But I for one have been fishing 2 to 3 times a week northerlies or no northerlies and been getting a few fish....just cant be assed posting :-)

There is always boats out and cars at the ramp so people are still fishing.....

I was out with Rosco yesterday and could here plenty of chatter on the radio with plenty being Ausfish members....havent seen many reports as yet?
    I was sitting in my boat, in my boatshed, on Sunday converting marks, now that I have found out that marks given to me have been in a different format so there was nothing there, & there was just about no chatter on the radio from Noosa. Two charter skippers complaing about how windy Saturday was, & a lone boat on Sunshine Reef chipped in saying it was 15 knots & lumpy.
    I went for a walk along the river about 5pm yesterday & one of the boats was cleaning his catch. They did a DI trip & got mainly hussar??
    A long way to go for small hussar.
    I have given up fishing in northerlies. I find it is just not worth the effort.

Tony

Absolutely agree Tony...northerlies do shut the fish down...

Still have been putting fish on ice all but not as many....

Chatter on the Radio down here seemed to be that it was quite however there were fish being caught.

We found it tough but put together a feed with a bit of work.

Mate, at least you got out!! My boat hasn't been wet for about 6 weeks now!

I don't submit reports because I don't catch any fish worth writing about. My report for yesterday would be "Did 110Km's covering the northern bay and western rocks for 1 x 35cm parrot"
    So have to live my fishing fantasies through you guys, so if you have a good trip I certainly appreciate reading about it.

What time were you at western rocks crunchy?

11ish, saw a plate boat with a big bloke with no shirt on wrestling with the bottom for 20 mins and a couple of glass boats come and go. We hung around drifting for half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by liltuffy View Post
    Jeremy, generally I don't think people are looking for accolades. I think most people used to post as a bit of a heads up for others or the primitive urge for some recognition.

In my opinion I think folk are fundamentally fed up with keyboard assassins who are self appointed judge, jury and executioner. No-one likes a smart arse but yes there is a limit to what you should and should not post. Many have given up, you have been round long enough to see so many go.

Think about it - why would you put yourself out there when more often than not the element who make lots of assumptions crucify the bloke without all the information, it's disheartening.

We are all concerned about declining fish stocks and maybe this is the motivation for the crap for some, personally I think different species are more prone to overfishing (a lot of reef species) but others not so much, maybe others vulnerable species differ from mine or the majority.

Yes we live in a democracy but really if you can't say anything respectfully (doesn't have to be complimentary - just respectful) then don't touch the keyboard.

today we went to Western rocks, Hutchies and travelled about 150 km for not a fish in the box.

Craig
    Craig i must say that yourself and a few others have had a couple polite digs at myself for glorifying catches up at 1770 a few months back. My second post was stopped and one or two people were banned for getting a bit heated over bag limits and excess catches.

Since your comments i have limited my posts to fishing off Moreton in a mates boat and could of posted more but didn't want to offend.

Theres multiple reason why people limit there posts and this is mine.

Whats your's Craig why didn't you put up a report from Sunday? (not being a smart ass here either)

Cheers

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Craig i must say that yourself and a few others have had a couple polite digs at myself for glorifying catches up at 1770 a few months back. My second post was stopped and one or two people were banned for getting a bit heated over bag limits and excess catches.

Since your comments i have limited my posts to fishing off Moreton in a mates boat and could of posted more but didn't want to offend.

Theres multiple reason why people limit there posts and this is mine.

Whats your's Craig why didn't you put up a report from Sunday? (not being a smart ass here either)

Cheers

Keith
    Keith,
    Please don't stop posting. I'm in the same boat as Crunchy, currently living out my fishing though you blokes who are getting out there & doing it.

Seabreeze today showed Friday as 8 nots & 1.2m SE- beautiful & now I'm getting keen!!

Checked after lunch & its now 23 knots!! Seems to be the story of my life. Can only improve!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by liltuffy View Post
    today we went to Western rocks, Hutchies and travelled about 150 km for not a fish in the box.
    Craig
    I so wish there were more reports like that. Most people have fishless days when nothing works, just nice to see people admit it. Have to remember that myself too.