Thread: Turkey Beach options???

Turkey Beach options???

Gday all

currently working in Gladstone and have an RDO Monday so mate and I are dragging his boat down to Turkey beach for the day. Never been but heard a lot of good chat about the place. If anyone has any tips regarding best bplace to launch, crabbing options and most importantly inshore options it would be great. Also will take the cast next for some live bait options but if anyone knows where we can jig some that would be awesome also. Thanks in advance and will post pics

Re: Turkey Beach options???

Tailorfisho,
    Only one ramp at Turkey Beach.
    No cast netting in a major part of Rodd's Harbour.
    If I were you I would concentrate my efforts on crabbing.
    Cheers & good luck,
    kercus

Turkey Beach/Rodds Harbour is not a real easy place to fish. I haven't been up there for quite some time but I found there was a lot of water between each fish. Big tides empty a lot of water out of the area and it can be well worth working the edges of banks for great Flathead fishing especially around the flats off Bird Island. I was not aware of any constraints on the use of cast nets in the area.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

you can cast net from the first green marker across to the point on the far side that's in the bay anyway if u are actually in a creek you are aloud cast net.

yeah there's a warning map at the ramp but it doesn't give much info, so it's Mondayand tailorfisho would already be up there unfortunately. I agree it is a tough place to fish. It's bloody big!

howd you go mate anything much around?