Thread: Hey all

Hey all

Hi all
    Just wanted to say hi and maybe meet a few new fishing buddys on hear to get out on the water with. Bit about myself first.I live in the ACT and a lot of my fishing has been done in the snowys for trout. Having said that I have bought a 6m Savage sports pro cuddy cabin boat about a year ago and am slowly learning the joys and costs of offshore fishing. Im still very much a beginner but learning more every trip. This coming summer I have set my goal to catching something a bit bigger then trout and plan on chasing tuna marlin ect. I imagine this will have me running up and down the south coast a bit chasing the hot spots at the time. I have now purchased what I think will be a good start for this type of fishing 2x 50 vsw Penn International reels and 2x 30 Shimano tyrnos reels as well as a good selection of skirts. Got the Penns new for a very good price $550 each so saved a couple of hundred a reel compared to the Tiagra. Still need a lot more gear but am getting there slowly.

I have attached a couple of pictures of my boat if any are interested. I have been setting it up to be a safe and functional fishing boat. Have just put a dual battery setup in as well new LED lighting. Have decided to go with the poor man outriggers for now (rod holder outriggers) and see how they go. I might upgrade later.

Anyway look forward to chatting and learning a bit from members on this site and maybe getting someone with a bit of experience out with me to show me the ropes some time. I don't expect big results straight away but still enjoy getting out there and even catching a few skipjack tuna is a bit of fun. The big ones will come cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Hey all

Welcome Robbo,
    that's a bloody nice rig you have there mate, and even better if that's a Honda on the back . How many G Gees you got ?
    cheers Jimmy

Nice one..

Up and down the kings hwy for you.. Plenty of good areas to fish, up to Ulladulla, all the way down to Bermagui.

Regards
    Honda.

Hi Jimmy
    Sorry for the late reply ive been away (not fishing unfortunatly). Yeah happy with the boat its a bit bigger then I had origanaly planned for my first boat but looking back now dont think I would ever want any smaller. Already looking at the next upgrade still a few years of but would like another meter or so longer. Not sure what you mean about G Gees? If your refering to HP its a 115hP Evinrude on it. Has been a very reliable motor so far and because its not a plate boat and pretty light for its size seems to suit the boat well.

Hey Honda

Yep plan on doing a bit of traveling up and down the south coast this year. Also trying to organize a Fraser Island trip for later in the year. Would love to give them big reds a go.

Cheers
    Jordi