Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowrance Elite 7 HDI

Re: Lowrance Elite 7 HDI

check your settings,

Hi...I reset to factory settings as per their recommendation but problem still exits. Am also having problem now loading navionics map from original card since I loaded the updated software!
    Cheers

You will have to revert back to the previous update re down load your update and try again

I hope you didnt save the update file to the map card......
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

I put the latest software on an blank card but somehow lost my marks, having absolutely a gad time with unit. Wish I had optioned the Elite 5 as had no problems whatsoever with that model. Am still waiting for Lowrance to email me back but have this feeling after talking to them on the phone last time the are aware there are issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    That would not be good!!

That would not be good!!

Quote Originally Posted by pnp005 View Post
    I put the latest software on an blank card but somehow lost my marks, having absolutely a gad time with unit. Wish I had optioned the Elite 5 as had no problems whatsoever with that model. Am still waiting for Lowrance to email me back but have this feeling after talking to them on the phone last time the are aware there are issues.
    Thanks for the info mate, I have just purchased same unit and will be very interested in your result. I have had no issues yet but am wondering that I made a bad choice in sounders.

Just installed one of these units for a mate of mine the day before we were heading out camping. Fired up once in the driveway and then once on the the beach to enter in a mark and then it wouldn't fire up past the Elite 7/ Lowrance cover screen. Real handy for the unit to fail when you are 350kms from a computer to be able to update the software on a brand new unit. Typical Lowrance Junk.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyone View Post
    Just installed one of these units for a mate of mine the day before we were heading out camping. Fired up once in the driveway and then once on the the beach to enter in a mark and then it wouldn't fire up past the Elite 7/ Lowrance cover screen. Real handy for the unit to fail when you are 350kms from a computer to be able to update the software on a brand new unit. Typical Lowrance Junk.

Not good at all, I hope I bought a Wednesday built unit...

My hds5 does the same can be in50mtrs and it will start showing .5-1.5 mtrs. The only fix I have found is to go to menus go to depth it will show something like 0-1.5 mtr. Then go to custom and set it to 0 to 70 mtrs or whatever depth you are in. It will then show correct depth then go back to settings again and reset back to auto. Total pain in the butt. If anyone from Lowrance checks this thread "What's the go"

Hmmm - think I might hold off the new Elite 7 Santa said I could get for being a good wifey

My Elite 5 HDI takes ages to load up too. Just sits on the startup screen for what seems an eternity sometimes. Found mine shuts down as well mid session, most times I use it. As for the blue/red sonar screen all I see on that now are fish icons in mid water when there are none there? Has nothing else on screen, lucky still have the down scan option or I'd be screwed. There's also a green light flashing at top right of screen? Only had it a couple of months.
    Cheers

Guys, could be a power supply issue.

I have found over the years that these Lowrance units really need good, clean solid 12V, so check your electrical system, connections, wiring, fuses and fuse holders, battery charge etc. for corrosion and good connections.

A good test is to run a set of fresh wires direct from the battery to the unit and if this solves the issue, you know where the problem is.

ML
    Agree hundred percent with the above, all my problems went away once I connected the wiring straight to the battery, also log off properly rather than just hold down the power button and it will start up quicker on the next power up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nslfishing View Post
    I also have this problem with the losing bottom and reading .5-1.5 meters when I'm in anything from 10m to 40m. It was a little better when I moved the transducer down but that made a rooster tail when at speed soaking the motor. I'm keen to hear of a solution.
    You need a splash guard that mounts directly above the transducer like this one below

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    LITTLE SKIPPER!