Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: CapCoast Fishing Group Meet and Greet 28th June 4th July 2014

Re: JT s and Booney's Meet and Greet Capricorn Coast 28th June / 4th July 2014

Quote Originally Posted by kaypee View Post
    JT.. Mothership for NW??
    Could be a good idea too! I just have to get my a*se into gear and get another boat.

U don't need one mate.. U have the mothership!! Plenty of room for u in the small ones

Top idea for mothership I'm with kaypee put her at NW.
    CHEERS AND BEERS

U don't need one mate.. U have the mothership!! Plenty of room for u in the small ones
    Yeah and I will have a nice hot shower, plenty of cold drinks and a full sized bunk to sleep in! LOL

Oh and i'll just throw it out there that we dont need to wait till July 2014 to do it either

Next week??????????

Quote Originally Posted by bigjudge View Post
    Top idea for mothership I'm with kaypee put her at NW.
    CHEERS AND BEERS
    Yeah North West could be the go. Everybody can use it as a base camp. Take camping gear and BBQ's etc. and leave the gear there during the day when we go out fishing. I talked to the old man about carrying petrol on board to re-fuel the boats, but he isn't too keen on taking petrol on his diesel boat. He is 'old school' and doesn't like petrol in a marine environment. But I am thinking a bunch of jerrys on the aft deck tied down will keep any fumes etc. out in the open and away from his bilge. Will probably have to take them ashore to refuel though. Another good point of being at NW.

What is the distance from Rosslyn Bay to North West Island? I tried Google Maps and it won't calculate it for me. Will have to go over to the old mans boat and use his Simrad.

A bit over 90km mate.. 93 i think.. its a pretty easy run.
    JT and I are planning on a 3 day run with a few boats the next lot of good weather.. I was guna throw something up here on a short notice thing for those keen as a mini M & G until this one JT is organising next year...

A bit over 90km mate.. 93 i think.. its a pretty easy run.
    The old man was over at the boat so he checked on the Simrad and said it is 52Nm so about 96km.

I am keen and will pencil it in.

I will flag it to a couple of mates, who along with me missed the last 1770 M&G.

Once I have a clearer picture of home life I will get a lot more enthusiastic early in the new year.

Good call JT - am sure it will be a success.

And about NW Island is great as this was our target spot for last M&G
    Cheers

Trev

FWIW in regards to fuel, load up a small dinghy, good cover on it and tow behind the mother ship. Drag it onto the beach and there's your fueling station.

I'm hearing ya s
    Getting better every day
    I'm with mick Scotty jump in for the trip an we will do a reconasance mission
    I'll have to give me an idea on ur days off mate too
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Count me in on the recon,If I can get leave.
    CHEERS AND BEERS

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    Scotty jump in for the trip an we will do a reconasance mission
    I'll have to give me an idea on ur days off mate too
    Sounds like a plan. I am home now. Don't go back until Monday 11th November but have a few days at Airlie Beach in the middle with the Mrs. Keep me posted on timing. Would love to come for the rece if I am home.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    FWIW in regards to fuel, load up a small dinghy, good cover on it and tow behind the mother ship. Drag it onto the beach and there's your fueling station.
    Yes very true. He has the dinghy on davits across the transom, but could probably tow it instead. Will have a chat to him. I know we will need fuel out there.

The old man is in.....he put the dates in his calendar and is keen for North West. Also agreed to carry the fuel in jerries on his aft deck.