Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buenos Dios from Mexico (Melbourne)!

Buenos Dios from Mexico (Melbourne)!

Hi all...I've been a member now for a little over 3 weeks, and have contributed to a lot of threads, but realised I'd forgotten to introduce myself!
    As a fisho for 50 years - (Crikey - is it THAT long?), I've fished a lot of this great land of ours, but still have more adventures awaiting me.
    Spending most of my working life in both sales and training arenas, as well as a brief stint of 8 yrs owning and operating a tackle shop, I've recently changed focus to care for a family member on a fulltime basis. I have a lovely supportive wife, three fantastic adult kids, and am very passionate about all things fishing. I love fishing for smaller species these days, as the body won't let me chase the bigger ones much anymore. Anyway, there's a few pics below, one being the current weapon of choice, a shot of me in my younger? days with a little snook, and proof that 5" berkely gulps catch fish!

DSCN1749.jpgDSCN1436.jpgDSCN1438.jpg

Re: Buenos Dios from Mexico (Melbourne)!

Gday robfish1 I have seen your posts but didn't realise you were new. Welcome aboard mate. Expect to cop a lot of flack about being Mexican. Love the title of this thread

Welcome Rob, some cracking photos there mate !!
    Nice rig too, looks similar in size to mine.
    By the way if your Mexican and I am in Hobart what the hell does that make me, might have to dig the atlas out.
    And no bloody jokes about being inbred or having two heads either.

J
    Classic Catches:
    Flathead 25cm
    Bream 22cm
    Gumboot size 9
    Seaweed 3 kgs
    Berley Cage 2 kgs
    My own hat
    A shell, about 15cm diameter
    Anchor rope, about 5 times.

G'day Rob and welcome. What part of Vic are you at?

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Still_Dreamin - ah well - someone's got to be the brunt of the jokes - and I've probably been called more things in my years than most anyone else, so I'm ready for it. And I like to give as good as I take!

Justin Rossiter - Thank you.My missus had a map of your state once, but Nads cream took care of that! I'm hoping to be able someday to post a list of impressive captures like yours, too! There ya go - nothin' said about inbreeding or two heads! LOL. The rig's a 15ft Sportsmancraft - not too well known, and obviously no longer in production, mated to a 70hp Yammie. Lovely bay rig for our PPB chop.

Gone Fishun - thank you and I'm in Mulgrave. Bit of a hike to the water, but now with East and Peninsula links, the water's a whole lot closer. Not that I launch too much in the bays anymore - last trip out, I got back to Martha Cove ramp at 4pm, got the boat back on the trailer at 6:40pm!!

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Love the title of this thread
    So do I but I don't know what it means........

I don't speak maid.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post

I don't speak maid.
    If it had of been called "Wet Dream" you would be all over it like a fat kid on a smarty. Hey Toe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    If it had of been called "Wet Dream" you would be all over it like a fat kid on a smarty. Hey Toe.
    I always wanted to use that maid line on a real Mexican but I've never had the chance......this will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post

I don't speak maid.

I always wanted to use that maid line on a real Mexican but I've never had the chance......this will have to do.

Muchas Gracias and pour nada, Senor Toes! Whilst I'm no maid, I AM Mexican, (well, at least south of the border!) - so you're halfway there!

Hey Rob.
    I lived in Lower Templestowe and would put in at Frankston and Safety Beach mostly.
    This is going back about 35 years. The ramp at Frankston was slimey and with the wind and chop it made it very difficult to load the boat. 14ft bondwood runabout with a 40hp Jonno.
    I had a look on Google Earth at Martha Cove, wow it's changed alot. We used to beach launch there in the morning and usually by the late arvo the chop was up and we had to back the boat up the beach to stop it from being swamped. I had a cousin who lived in Keysborough so left the boat there, not as far to drag it to the water. We used to go around the corner at Martha's Cove and pull up on the beach under the cliffs. Do a bit of snorkelling and dodge sharks. Only little fella's but.

Yeah...Olivers Hill ramp - and absolute bugger when the seabreeze started up. Almost as much fun as launching at Kananook Creek in the scum that floated thru there, and pushing the boat back in over the bar with that same seabreeze. Still, there is good ground in the area, and the little reef, (well, about 10 boulders actually), about 200m off Olivers Hill ramp, held lots of whiting in season. To say nothing of the top snapper grounds in the area.
    So much was touted about Martha Cove I had to give it a go, but the amount of tossers using the ramp soon put me off - and 2.5 hrs wait was really the icing on the cake!
    Must admit, I did a lot of snorkelling around Martha Point myself, but never spotted a Noah. Different story at Rye Pier though - when they were reclaiming the beach many years ago, they created a large hole in about 10ft of water to the north of the pier - and Grey Nurses used it for breeding. I know they're harmless, but tell that to someone who's just had 8-9ft of shark materialize out of the blue beside them whilst underwater!

Justin Rossiter the best description I have heard for Tassie is the the little poo that dropped out of the arse end of the world that is Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Justin Rossiter the best description I have heard for Tassie is the the little poo that dropped out of the arse end of the world that is Victoria
    Snigger, chuckle, chortle, guffaw!

A few of the more knowlegable, good looking, and dedicated boys from on here will be fishing WP next week for a M&G. We'll be meeting up at the Balnarring Tavern saturday late avo and discussing tactics if you want to come along.

flush twice bloody Mexicans will eat anything