Thread: Maroochy river crabs

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maroochy river crabs

Hey guys

Anyone started getting any crabs in the Maroochy River yet. Hardly any pots out there last time I went out. I got 2 sandies about 3 weeks ago. Had the pots in the water for 3 days/nights in 3 spots with not one legal muddy but heaps of Jennie's and a few small bucks. Put them in cleaner water for a couple of hours near Chambers before bringing them out of the water and got the 2 sandies..

I tried Bli Bli, Various sors in Maroochy and went a long way up Petrie Creek..Obviously was a bit early but gave it a try..

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Re: Maroochy river crabs

i spent the day up there saturday. There were a few pots in the mouth of Petrie Creek and a string of them near the yellow markers jet ski area.
    We didnt take any pots but I will be up there again in 2 weeks ,this time i will take a couple
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

have always found it impossible to get crabs from here. you need time to work out where they are, and where the share farmers are. always crabs around if you're willing to put in the work but tough to get many here

Got four pots stolen just up from bli bli bridge last weekend, dirty little F76kers

Blog Entries

Bad luck Hainsofast....I must be blessed with good luck...haven't lost a pot from this area and have crabbed up here for many many years, probably about 15 years by now.

Actually I did lose one at Dunethan Rock but I sank it and couldn't find it again and one went missing I between Petrie and Eudlo Creeks, but I reckon a ski boat probably cut the rope as the other 3 were still all in place.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Maroochy river crabs

Hey Guys....any reports of Muddies getting caught up this way (Maroochydore)?....I will be putting my pots in from this week, so will let you all know if there are any around yet.....That's if I don't get banned or have my posts removed for no obvious reason.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Blog Entries

Soaked 4 pots overnight....result was 10 undersized male/females and 1 huge female....rebaited, shifted location and will check again this arvo.

One male was almost legal size.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.