Thread: Lowrance Elite 7 HDI

Lowrance Elite 7 HDI

Hi there,

Have a Lowrance Elite 5 (standard sounder/gps unit). Looking to upgrade to the elite 7 HDI for the increased screen real estate and the downscan ability.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts, useful advice or better yet some screenshots showing what sort of detail I can expect versus a standard sounder.

Truth is, I am useless at reading a normal sounder and I prefer to use it to find structure (though I can never really tell what I'm actually looking at) rather than actual fish. That said, the overlay feature I'm reading about sounds like the best of both worlds.

Any way, all help very much appreciated.

Thanks

ps: I currently run dual sounders. My other is an older lowrance black and white, which was fairly high end in its day and I tend to prefer it over the Elite 5.

Re: Lowrance Elite 7 HDI

So, looking at instead replacing my lowrance X125 with a lowrance elite 7x HDI and keeping my lowrance elite 5 on board to use as a backup/GPS unit.

Still hoping someone who owns one can chime in with some thoughts.. Even if it's just to tell me I won't regret the purchase. o_O

Burleygu replied to a post I put up coupla days ago and he appears to be happy with his
    7HDI . You could contact him for more info maybe.

Cheers

Figured I may as well just go ahead and do it.. I'm getting a fair price, the seller is somewhat known to me and it's only 3 months old, so I've nothing to lose by giving it a shot. It'll be nice being able to have NAV, 200kz and 455kz (DSI) all happening at once any way.

The only other unit I would consider for size vs what you get is the HD7 touch, but I just cannot get anywhere near the $$ required, even if I sold both of my sounders and went to the single one, so this is the next best thing. Sidescan will have to wait.

shot 11.jpgshot 12.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamelion View Post
    Hi there,

Have a Lowrance Elite 5 (standard sounder/gps unit). Looking to upgrade to the elite 7 HDI for the increased screen real estate and the downscan ability.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts, useful advice or better yet some screenshots showing what sort of detail I can expect versus a standard sounder.

Truth is, I am useless at reading a normal sounder and I prefer to use it to find structure (though I can never really tell what I'm actually looking at) rather than actual fish. That said, the overlay feature I'm reading about sounds like the best of both worlds.

Any way, all help very much appreciated.

Thanks

ps: I currently run dual sounders. My other is an older lowrance black and white, which was fairly high end in its day and I tend to prefer it over the Elite 5.
    hey mate. I have a hds 7 touch. Very happy with the quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm also looking at the elite 7 hdi. I'm pretty sure we can buy direct of one of the AF members too, but i forget who, haven't been in the market before.

Don't tease me with your side scan wizardry.

I've sealed the deal on the Elite 7x. Looking forward to getting it in the boat.

no wizardry from me mate. that's for sure. I think you will be happy and astounded on how far the quality has come since your last sonar.

have fun