Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dual Cabs Comparison – Loading & Towing capacities

Re: Dual Cabs Comparison – Loading & Towing capacities

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    At least you got 30000 out of your springs LP, the ford ones were great right up until I started putting gear in the back 10 minutes after I got it....

Really !!!!!!!!!!!!! that's pretty poor. Without knowing, they sound like the Indian made steel springs, from recycled old container ships... very very poor spring retention.

I will say, that mine are still OK..... but will go the EFS next year for sure. The old collie had 178K on it when sold and buyer was impressed with " bounce or lack-there-of " in the rear end..... EFS gear on for 140K, still going strong. Aussie built quality

And I still gets looks of " have you got a V8 under the hood " from passengers in the new collie when doing trips and overtaking B doubles etc.

I haven't seen the specs on the 2014 model but 147Kw and 500nm numbers look great....

And does anyone know who to turn off that damn Traction control ?? how is a man supposed to " hang the tail out !!! "..

cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Ford/mazda are good enough empty, but atrocious for constant load. Its ok, I haven't had a ute yet that I haven't had to adjust the suspension on. The new utes are great. I'd have been happy enough with any ford/mazda col/d-max vw. There really isn't a bad one amongst them. Ford rally have been punting a twin turbo version of the 3.2 around for a while now 750+nm with not many mods. Can we dream a little?
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Yep... sounds good but are they going to do something about.

clutch
    uni's
    diff......... etc ?

Lucky_Phill hold the traction control button in for 2 seconds (or thereabouts) and it switches off. Automatically switches off in 4L also. The dash display confirms traction control off/on when the button has been depressed for long enough.

Ive got about 27k on my crew cab LTZ now very limited off road and load carrying and the consumption figures are constant on 8.1L/100km. Very happy with the ute.

I tried that with the Traction Control, but it only stays off for a short time, then next corner i try to hang the back out, it's on again. Might check the user manual

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I tried that with the Traction Control, but it only stays off for a short time, then next corner i try to hang the back out, it's on again. Might check the user manual

thanks
    Hooning is illegal LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    Hooning is illegal LP.
    It is and I don't.

Keeping the pedal to the metal around offroad and private property tracks is called FUN. That damn TC takes over soon as one hits the dirt.... no fun at all

Great thread. I have the old 2.8 turbo MK triton single cab but with pending grandchildren a duel cab is back on the radar. Here's some of my observations with work trucks I drive or have driven. The last series D Max had a vague sloppy gearbox. Three on site and all the same from new. The last series BT50 I was not impressed at all. It rusted and the interior fell apart, too tall in low gear , it stalled like a petrol. We have two new D Max's and a Hilux now. I am loving the new D Max's the more I drive them. Several blokes at work have the 2.5 TDi Triton's and have no issues.
    One bloke at work has the prior series Colorado has had some diesel issues but again a one off so I really discount that one. I must admit the Triton or D Max for me and on price the Triton although I would prefer a 3 litre over 2.5 Litre.

Hilux are nice but never at that price.

I just picked up a LSU dual cab DMAX and am loving it great car and the motor is hardly working and with less than 2000 k on the clock it's getting 8.4L per 100km mine is an auto and it just cruises at any speed and gets along great ...Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

HiLux may cost more initally..do not have the stupid towing capacity (3.5 t behind something weighing about 1900kg..tail wagging the dog).
    HiLux will be 8 years old in feb...that equates to only just over 5k per annum. Only repair expense other than the normal items amounts to 3k..now has 415000k on it. Would I change? I would need some convincing. it still hammers up and down the highway regularly and no dramas. original suspension..original motor..original injectors. Unbreakable.

Quote Originally Posted by mod2 View Post
    HiLux may cost more initally..do not have the stupid towing capacity (3.5 t behind something weighing about 1900kg..tail wagging the dog).
    HiLux will be 8 years old in feb...that equates to only just over 5k per annum. Only repair expense other than the normal items amounts to 3k..now has 415000k on it. Would I change? I would need some convincing. it still hammers up and down the highway regularly and no dramas. original suspension..original motor..original injectors. Unbreakable.
    And if you sold it you would probably sell it for what you payed for it . Had a1998 cruiser ute bought it in 04 for 22k sold it in 2010 for 20k .
    NOW I,AM GUNNA EATCHA

I was recently faced with the same dilemma of which dual cab to purchase and after test driving 5 of the top manufacturers offerings I can honestly say there isn't much between any of them for mind. The choice just came down to what suited my needs better.....for me the Amarok Highline was a the stand out. Refined finish, unreal economy low 7's/100, surprising torque from 2 Lt. donk and more features than you can poke stick at. IMHO the 8 speed auto is the best slush box getting around in this class. My previous vehicle Holden rodeo 07 with no problems over the 6 years with 260 000k on the clock. I do a lot of highway k's for work but got the Rok on the dirt and down in a river crossing the other day and was quite impressed with its off road capabilities.
    Before purchasing any have a think about what you are using for and how often you are going to utilise those 35" muddies and what the running costs are worth for the life cycle of the vehicle.