Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dual Cabs Comparison – Loading & Towing capacities

Re: Dual Cabs Comparison – Loading & Towing capacities

The problem with the Tundra and the Titan is they run big V8 petrols and drink petrol like my dearly departed Irish grandmother could drink whiskey.

Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by morphias View Post
    .... All that power and torque, but you can't use it...
    Yep, bit of a waste really hey .

So much potential with loads more torque and power, yet last/worst on the list for vehicle payload capacity (when not towing), and only marginally better than the Amarok when hooked up to 3t of trailer. A betting man would think a 'Specs/rating change' might not be too far off...

Cheers
    Brendon

I can't give any dates or specs out but the next gen hilux will be out soon and will make all these current utes look like rubbish again like it did in 2005... Just sayin

Hi mate, pretty sure the Triton comes with a standard 2.5L TD, not 2.0 thanks for sharing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko_Cairns View Post
    Hi mate, pretty sure the Triton comes with a standard 2.5L TD, not 2.0 thanks for sharing though.
    Yeah mate sorry, you are correct. That was a bad TYPO! I will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattya View Post
    I can't give any dates or specs out but the next gen hilux will be out soon and will make all these current utes look like rubbish again like it did in 2005... Just sayin
    and you will pay an extra 10 - 15K for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattya View Post
    You made my day already - that is the funniest thing I have read in ages!

You mean a Hilux may have specs remotely in the ballpark of all the competition? Probably want and extra $15-20K for the privilege too.

At the end of the day you pay for what you get. Just saying.

Pazz

Well at the end of the day. The Bitchez love my hilux! 😜

Just picked up my new triton, they've dropped the price trying to get more market share, very happy with it on the highway and the fuel economy is insane at 8.2L/100km so far, expecting better tomoz on pure highway driving, will give an update about towing later.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01 View Post
    At the end of the day you pay for what you get. Just saying.

Pazz
    There all the same these days when it comes to quality. However if you think toyota is the best, just remember, most recalled car in 2012. In fact, I think largest recall ever.

A mate of mine bought a hilux just after I got my BT-50 both second hand, both the same age and around the same kays, both similary specced, he paid $10K extra, got less power, less towing capacity and smaller diameter rims, he did get cruise and bluetooth (I got that now anyway with a $150 head unit) and I also got long range fuel tank and CB extra. Hilux's are nice, but you are paying $10K for the Toyota badge.

A mate of mine who has been a deadset Toyota advocate for many years just bought a Ranger to replace his Hilux. He said they were so far from the rest of the current pack he just couldn't buy another and did not want to wait and be a test dummy for the new model given Toyotas recent history
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Is anyone here running with the 2013 dmax and what are the thoughts ..Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Update!

2014 Holden Colorado now has an upgraded 'Duramax 2' donk, with 147kW and 500N.m !

Pretty good stats, equals or betters them all except the V6 Nissan - and still 4cyl Rego!

Cheers
    Brendon