Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: small blacks tracking...

Re: small blacks tracking...

Got 3 blacks trolling in the 80-90 m mark, most fish were caught live baiting in the comp.

I decided to fish real close inshore for the spotties today.. didnt take any pillies as i thought i would jut load up on yakkas... What the hell is going on?? I could not find one single bit of bait on the bait reef today.... decided to troll down to mermaid anyway found a tiny tiny show and pulled one yakka off it and still didnt see another thing.. As luck would have it after about 15mins of it out under a balloon it got nailed and i managed to pull the hooks.. Great!!
    So i decided to head out to the 50 line with the water going from 25.6 to 24.9 but showing a massive improvement in clarity and colour.. Still didnt see one bit of bait and trolled for a good 3 hours or so...
    Im going bass fishing!!!
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Hey mate between 2 boats trolling today we got 21 mackerel off Mermaid..... Both spotties and spaniards.

they were there in numbers but went off before 8am.... What time were you there?

i was there at 530/6.. but pinned all my shots on livebaiting i did two a couple big xraps around for a bit but didnt get a bite.. you slow trolling gars on a down rigger snapperbasher?

was going to get some baits but just thought livies would be better...

Nice work though mate!!

Mate ended up getting all the fish on little laser pros (120 / 160's ) trolled fast about 14knts.... Got one hit on a gar on the rigger but didnt stick..... They only wanted little lures today..

Anyone heard on the grapevine of the little blacks making their way back down the coast yet?

I got one off the cape a few weeks back fishing for snapper...so they are there. We saw some at 1770 recently and a mate hooked up on one.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Gav from Seaprobe got one on the 50 mt line of the pin bar a couple of weeks agoImageUploadedByTapatalk1412839773.552005.jpg
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Gav from Seaprobe got one on the 50 mt line of the pin bar a couple of weeks agoImageUploadedByTapatalk1412839773.552005.jpg
    wow that one is a beast.. has to be 100 or so! Imagine that on your pilly floating for snapper lol!

Saw one free jump out from DI on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by lbger View Post
    wow that one is a beast.. has to be 100 or so! Imagine that on your pilly floating for snapper lol!
    They where chasing kingies and a one got sharked and this followed the head of the king up and the Deckie saw it threw a livie on a saltiga outfit and threw it out and wacko its been eaten by this bad boy . Yes it was estimated a 100kg it was on a Berty report after the news a few weeks ago ...Matt
    Last edited by bluefin59; 10-10-2014 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spell check
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Im keen to chase some marlin this season and have been stocking up on skirts and halco's over the winter...... Been having some fun with Mac tuna lately out off the goldie........... Anyone keen to pm me some spots to try my luck with catching a marlin any tip will be greatly appreciated..

Cheers

Rob

The season before last they were in really close Rob then last season they werent, well not in the numbers anyway.. So it depends on the bait schools, they can be anywhere from 15mtrs right out past 100meters. Thats what this post is there to help with a little bit, lets hope the currents swing in close and warm this season!!!

I hope they turn up for our trip to Breaksea in a months time. They were thick two years ago but pretty quiet last year
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Few off Yeppoon at the moment.

Greeny