Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: small blacks tracking...

Re: small blacks tracking...

HAVE A GANDER AT THE WATER TEMPS OFF POINT LOOKOUT ITS JUMPED TO OVER 25 DEGREES "25.4 degrees is my signal"
    ITS ON BOYS WILL BE OFF POINT LOOKOUT TOMMORROW PULLING SKIRTS AND LOOKING FOR BAIT ON THE SOUNDER..
    That water will be clean and clear, that means the East Australia current is brushing the islands at the wave rider bouy

http://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/coastal/mo...d=13&paramid=3

image.jpgYep I saw that little jump yesterday arvo then couldn't make up my mind whether to go to lookout or mooloolaba..... Since I had the young fella I went to mooloolaba..... Water was still green and cold :-(.....ended up with one yellowfin and that's all..... I reckon it will be on at lookout tomorrow!! Let us know how you get on RB...

how did ya go mate? Hope you had some luck..
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

well a check of the watertemps on the waverider bouy off the goldy inshore today and it confirms the disgusting colour of the water.. Its 19 degrees atm... noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RAGINGBULL View Post
    HAVE A GANDER AT THE WATER TEMPS OFF POINT LOOKOUT ITS JUMPED TO OVER 25 DEGREES "25.4 degrees is my signal"
    ITS ON BOYS WILL BE OFF POINT LOOKOUT TOMMORROW PULLING SKIRTS AND LOOKING FOR BAIT ON THE SOUNDER..
    That water will be clean and clear, that means the East Australia current is brushing the islands at the wave rider bouy

http://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/coastal/mo...d=13&paramid=3

Maybe this is the temps inside the bay??

Yep just saw the goldy temp!!!!

Thats the point lookout wave rider buoy temp lbger. back down to 23 again :-(

where the hell is the warm water!!

Weather is looking good for the weekend too hope the temps come back up!!! Just got my new Downrigger so want to give that a run on the weekend.....

it might be the go anyway mate.. the cold stuff is prob sitting ontop, might be worth sussing a few bait balls and doing some deeper livebaiting or downrigging... it goes south on thursday.. still holding some hope for sunday..

My sounder was showing 25.5 deg on Sunday east of the seaway at about the 60-70m mark. Heaps cooler in closer though.

hey Andy was it clear and blue or still green out there? see any bait?

It was very clear and blue out deep and I did see some bait on the sounder out around where we were catching some Kingies but as we were steaming in I didn't notice any and I don't think my sounder would have picked them up at speed anyway.

so... clear blue and 25.5... thats it.. im out there sunday, has to be at least some wahoo around

We were out last week Wed, saw loads of Dollies, most undersized, as well as two Wahoo.

Not sure of the temp but it felt good, my mate dropped a rod overboard and had to dive over to catch it! Luckily the lures were out and he managed to grab the line as it sank!

I went out on Sat and yeah water in close was 19 to 20 and dirty green. Ended up finding beautiful water in 57m and 24 degrees. Got a few little dollies.

Ibger, you might be right about the cold stuff just sitting on top cause I saw heaps of bait up high around the 50m line and even got a little dollie in 50m with the temp around 21 and green water.

Ok cool.. well im going to do a bit of trolling but will also but a livie into and bait i find if i cant turn a reel on the lures..

Never made it out Sunday, problems with Trailer But this sunday its a goer an weather looks to play the part ??