Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: small blacks tracking...

Re: small blacks tracking...

Anyone heading out for a troll this weekend?

Im thinking of hitting the point.... Mainly for Spanish and Hoo though....

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    Anyone heading out for a troll this weekend?

Im thinking of hitting the point.... Mainly for Spanish and Hoo though....
    Has there been any spanish caught yet up that way?
    Whats the prefered lure.. hex heads or laser pros/rapalas?

Havent heard any real reports yet.....Heard someone a few weeks ago got one or 2 off the cape....

Still probably a little early but going to give it a go anyways....Should be some Hoo showing up now....

As far as lures go I prefer the Rapalas...but I will probably tow some livies around for a bit.

Sounds like a plan Snapperbasher.. I am off to melb for the weekend so cant get out. Have you been able to get any slimey's at all lately??

There have been a few small blacks caught up on the inside of the island in the past fortnight between spells of light winds. Water has been clean and temps good, as well as bait around to attract them. Wind has been a pain and restricted many boats.Should be a good few going down the coast on the outside of Fraser.

Ok so towed live pike around for about 4 hours Saturday morning.... 1 yellowtail king and a Dollie..... Didnt find any decent water really until I went chasing snapper and at the 60mtr line it was a tad over 25 deg and nice and blue... In close to point lookout it was varying between 22.5 and 24...another couple of weeks I reckon...

Topped off the box with my bag of snaps so worth the trip...

Cheers Lochie

hey Lochie, were you fishing with Stephen?

No mate...I was on my own......

Ok no worries, a mate of mine Stephen went out with a guy (dont know who) and had a near identical trip to you on that day off pt lookout..
    would have been a nice day out there today and by the looks of it, the northerlies are coming through again for a week

Ahh fair enough....

Yep not looking good for this weekend! or the week following......

Going to chase some Whiting tomorrow night then maybe some Jacks next week.... Got to love SE Queensland..... always something to do! :-)

yep.. I've been chasing giant herring.. mini gamefishing lol.. little floats and livebaits so much fun!!

Bit of a Sou'easterly blow coming early next week......think it will be game on after that!!

Yep, agreed mate.. its meant to really kick in late friday night and blow its a@# off for a few days, hopefully they little billed buggers will turn up in numbers.. Im ditching work for sure when it stops after the blow to tow some plastic around (cover more ground) will be more of a chance to see if there is any bait around and if its holding in some of the same spots from last year...

The bait is there, the currents are there, and I'm sure as sh!t that the first rogue fish would be there (I heard a rumor of a little black at palmy the other day). Just gotta wait for the numbers which hopefully this northerly blow will fire them up.

Hey Matt the palmy fish was true i saw the pic, a guy fishing for spotties got it on a livie and i guess it would have been 30kgs or so.. We deffo dont want the northerlies though it turns the water over and drags the cold stuff up.. the south easters hold the current and the good water up and push it into the bay (the bay i mean the shape of the coastline from morton to coolongatta...