Thread: Small clear and blue ring jellyfish in Moreton Bay - what is it?

Small clear and blue ring jellyfish in Moreton Bay - what is it?

Unfortunately didn't think to take a pic because I figured a Google search at home would produce the results - alas not the case

Saw quite a few small (about 5cm across) jelly fish today, generally a clear body with, best described as, a clear skirt and clear tentacles and a vibrant blue ring around the inside

I couldn't imagine they were box jellyfish because i wouldn't have thought the water warm enough and they were round rather than even close to box-shaped.

Any ideas? Couldn't find any images on Google or anything on Qld Govt. website

Thanks

Re: Small clear and blue ring jellyfish in Moreton Bay - what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by PixieAU View Post
    Unfortunately didn't think to take a pic because I figured a Google search at home would produce the results - alas not the case

Saw quite a few small (about 5cm across) jelly fish today, generally a clear body with, best described as, a clear skirt and clear tentacles and a vibrant blue ring around the inside

I couldn't imagine they were box jellyfish because i wouldn't have thought the water warm enough and they were round rather than even close to box-shaped.

Any ideas? Couldn't find any images on Google or anything on Qld Govt. website

Thanks
    Blue Button Jellyfish??

Re: Small clear and blue ring jellyfish in Moreton Bay - what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by PixieAU View Post

Thanks
    I don't know what one you saw as apparently there is nearly 2500 different species of jellies in australian waters and all but one is capable of stinging but just so people know -
    http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-news.html
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.