Thread: It finally happened, I wasn't sure it would ever happen but it did

It finally happened, I wasn't sure it would ever happen but it did

I out fished Mossy

I should explain I have been good mates with Mossy for years and years and I have been fishing with him for as long as I can remember and every time we go fishing he murders me in the fishing stakes but it is my turn for bragging rights.

The plan was for an early morning mud trip so we were on the water by 5:30 and on our way to mud.

We were greeted by a bit of wind on arrival so the call was made to hit a spot that produced a few fish for Mossy and fisho8 the week before. First cast mossy gets a tap tap and he is on to a litte grassy about 33cm which goes back. Expectations are now high for a big model.

a few casts later Mossy's reel starts singing and after a good little fight he boats a 37cm grassy which is quickly dispatched to the esky.

Meanwhile I was creating my own artifcal reef one jighead at a time! After an hour or so the decision was made to go and try another spot in the hope of catching a fews snaps

After a few drifts in mossy boats a little squire which one of the local cormoran tried to devour until it realised it's eyes were bigger than it's belly.

drift reset and casting away and my little shimano 2500 starts screaming as the 10lb braid is peeling off at a rate of knots.I'm making no headway on this fish and I'm having flash backs of the previous couple of weeks in which the fish has either spat the hook or I've f#cked up and not maintained pressure. Mossy drops the electric motor and we start
    chasing after the fish and I'm praying to the fishing gods to be kind to me. As I get some line back Mossy grabs the net and up comes a good snap of 70cm.

A quick pic and as I'm dealing with my fish mossy's deadstick starts screaming after a good fight I grab the net and mossy boats another good snap of 60cm.

We reset the drift and after a couple casts I have the sense of deja vu as my reel starts screaming again after chasing with the electric up comes another good snap, mossy swings out the net and we boat another 70cm snap.

A few more hours of fishing for nothing at all. Fisho8 drops by and after a quick chat and a few more casts we decide it is time to pull the pin and head to the pink for a beer and a feed.

top day out and I still can't wipe the smile of my face. Not a PB fish but bragging rights over a mate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-10-13 one snap.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	96844Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-10-13 two snap.jpg 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	96845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70 on at 5-10-13 (2).jpg 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	96846Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70 on at 5-10-13.jpg 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	96847Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bragmat 5-10-13.jpg 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	96848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mossy 60 5-10-13.jpg 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	96849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mossy on mat 5-10-13.jpg 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	96850

Re: It finally happened, I wasn't sure it would ever happen but it did

Took you long enough :-p Nice work mate they were some solid runs with that first one spooling up like a turbo before he found another gear. I don't often get such a workout with the net. Grassies are starting to pop up here and there was good to get on to some nice fish and 2 x 70 plus models after you have dropped those ones before am glad to see it come together. Still think that one that spat you the other week was a PB :-p
    p.s To my fan out there on saturday taking photo's of us in the boat we'll have to catch up for a chat as I did manage to grab a quick flick of you myself so will keep an eye out for you.
    Last edited by Mossy247; 06-10-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: additional comment.

Nice fish!

Well done mate, it sounds like you had a very rewarding morning on the water.
    Cheers

Always worth the wait.
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

It must be getting close to my turn now. :-)

Mossy, forgive me if I'm dense, but why would someone photograph you? Not saying it didn't happen, I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterKroll View Post
    Mossy, forgive me if I'm dense, but why would someone photograph you? Not saying it didn't happen, I just don't get it.
    That is my thoughts exactly?

Ahhhh.... Yep... Now I get it......

he must have been wearing his mask... good sesh fellas. whole lot better than the 3 tiddlers we boated yesterday arvo.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Well done fellas I got out there way too late good to see you got a new PB Brendon I had a quick flick around but had to go back in as we had people coming over for dinner steering works well now and I have secured that deckwash hose haha I had one of those days where I should not have left land lol would not have scratched the bloody boat either great to see a few snaps coming back in.
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

Nice catch fellas

Ausfish Platinum Member - R.I.P. October 2015 dayoo's Avatar

Nice fish boys. Always happy to swap a few jigheads for a snapper

Cheers
    Bazza

Some nice snappers there fellas. Well done
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.