Thread: Hello from Brisbane...

Hello from Brisbane...

Hi all,

My name is Ben and I live at Cashmere on the north side of Brisbane and have been a member since September 2012.

I am a 33yr old father of two beautiful kids (boy 6 and girl 2) and have been married for 9 years. I have worked fulltime as and IT Systems Engineer for the last 14 years of so, am well respected in the industry and am currently a Project Manager at a Brisbane based IT firm.

I enjoy long walks on the beach...but only if it is with rod in hand, flicking soft plastics.

I have recently started teaching my son how to fish - click on the thumbnail images for full size:

I work part time as a pro deckie to help make ends meeting, am working through my Coxswain and have ~20yrs experience operating boats from 12' up to 54' with engines from 4HP up to 650HP.

I am an atheist, hate the LNP and Greens and don't hold much love for the ALP.

I am a recent cancer survivor, love fishing, motorcycling, hunting, 4WDing, competition shotgunning (specifically, Sporting Clays), have been on the SSAA Australian Shooting Team, represented Australia in New Zealand at the Trans-Tasman Sporting 5-stand titles in 2009 as well as competed in the FITASC world titles in 2009.

I believe in a fair go, ethics, morals and integrity and live by three commandments:

1. Treat others as you would expect to be treated
    2. A debt should always be repaid. Repayment of a debt, whether it is expected to be repaid or not, should always be accepted for the smallest of debts can turn the greatest of friends into the greatest of enemies.
    3. Do unto others harder, and with more accuracy, than they do unto you.

I generally only make posts in the interest of assisting other members, but enjoy reading the fantastic posts of other members experiences, tips, tricks and love the support for fellow fishers.

Ben.

Re: Hello from Brisbane...

Orange really suits you mate.........

Hey Ben you busy next week mate? I might be having the week off. Well have to get out for a fish if ya free.

Quote Originally Posted by Nslfishing View Post
    Hey Ben you busy next week mate? I might be having the week off. Well have to get out for a fish if ya free.
    Sorry mate - working all week and got my boys 6th birthday party at our place next weekend, so I'll be on 'blue' jobs before and after. 26th/27th is looking like a go though if your availability and weather line up.

Thanks for the offer though!

And it looks as though we've just found our perfect candidate to kick off a long awaited trap/skeet M&G..........just sayin mate..........

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    And it looks as though we've just found our perfect candidate to kick off a long awaited trap/skeet M&G..........just sayin mate..........
    i thought the hatfields and mccoys did that every other weekend up marybro way?
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Pfffft...trap and skeet...if you like robot shooting.

I'll get the ball rolling...

Quote Originally Posted by morphias View Post
    Pfffft...trap and skeet...if you like robot shooting.

I'll get the ball rolling...
    An alternative you say?

For the first time in my life im actually paying attention. Please speak............

Speak!
    SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!

An alternative you say?

For the first time in my life im actually paying attention. Please speak............

Speak!
    SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!
    Ask (nicely) and ye shall receive!

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...Pigeon-M-amp-G

Ben.