Thread: Hi guys new member toowoomba

Hi guys new member toowoomba

Hi guys been fishing the gold coast and Morton bay area for around a year now in mates boats with mixed success (biggest fish to date around 23cm squire at hutchies reef) mainly fishing bait the ocoisinal soft plastic fishing. after becoming addicted to fishing I decided to buy my own boat in July.

I went with a horizon easy fisher side console with a hds7 touch sounder with structure scan, stereo, live well and a 60hp 4 stroke yammy on the back.
    Picked the boat on Saturday and gotta say im quite impressed with it the motor is very quite and the boat looks the great. I'm having a small issue with the front of boat lifting quite high while getting to plane but have brought a se sport 300 to try and combat this hopefully it resolves the problem.

I'm heading out this weekend planning to try for snapper around peel and mud island around sunrise is there anything in particular I should look for on the sounder???? or has anyone got some general area I could try I don't mind sounding around for something or if someone has a mark, I don't eat fish so u don't have to worry about me destroying your honey hole. If I have no luck was thinking of trying for some mackerel around the beacons.... my tackle shop bloke reckons not too hard .. find a beacon holding bait fish and cast slugs in and a quick retrieve if anyone has any advise on what beacons in the bay or any hints or marks that would be sweet.

Just thought I jump on and say high I normally have a spare spot on the boat and am willing to take some people out if willing to share spots and knowledge.

Re: Hi guys new member toowoomba

Welcome Pete,
    with the bow lifting as you described, try tilting the motor down further, if it's already right down and still lifting adjust the spring loaded lever on the engine bracket to a setting that makes the engine more perpendicular . try one hole lower at a time and it should come right. If all fails go see the dealer you got it from . you shouldn't need the 300 sport but they do help with leaping out of the hole

hope this helps

Jimmy

What Jimmy said
    hope this helps
    Jimmy

Welcome, Pete
    Good luck. Look forward to your future reports and questions.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"