Thread: Will the bay be bumpy today? Wednesday

Will the bay be bumpy today? Wednesday

Got a Japanese man to entertain for the day so thought I might take him out to flick some plastics for a few hours and stop in at the wrecks for a look around, wind looks good but concerned it will be quite bumpy / uncomfortable. Appreciate feedback if anyone knows conditions.

Tx
    C

Re: Will the bay be bumpy today? Wednesday

Wave heights north Moreton bay bouy are down around .6 metre and wind gone so should be good I would think.

My uneducated opinion only.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Just got a text from a mate driving down the coast at Sunshine Beach & he said itis like a mirror.

Have to be wouldn't it, its a work day!!!!!!

Tony

Tx gentlemen!

Get out there Crunchy!, before the wind comes up. You're missing the best time.

Yeh me guest didn't want to be picked up till 9, something about needed some sleep. Got some strange looks pulling into the hotel pick up point with a boat on the back, asked the concierge if he could mind my stuff while I went searching for my guest, got some kind of uninterested grumble, right that's $2 you just missed out on buddy.

I've known this Japanese bloke for a good few years, when I've travelled to Japan he takes me to see shrines, castles and onsens (hot pools) and crap i don't I want to see but we've become quite good mates, well as close as you can with Japanese as they are very reserved, but he's a good bloke. So we get to scraby about 9:30 and the bay / day is spectacular. Came across a pod of dolphins on the way over to the wrecks which were within a metre of the boat, which he was very excited about until I had to yell "No Kenji, put that gaff down you are NOT allowed to eat the dolphins".

He was dead keen to catch a fish and he looked at me quite blankly when I explained that I lost my mojo a few years ago so that ain't gunna happen, language barrier I guess. So we pulled up at nelson wrecks and despite a few good shows nothing doing (z mans ) see I told ya.

While he climbed the sand hills at the wrecks for the view I practised my ornithological skills, hey curumba

Time for a snorkel then, yep he assured me he's done it before so I gets ready and wait for him, waiting, waiting, waiting, " you want me to wait for you"? "Ummm no, I see you in the water"......20 mins and I'm ready to get out, wtf is he doing. Anyway he finally gets in, seems a bit nervous, comes over to the wreck and I say come with me some good fish to see up here.....when I look around a minute later he's 50 meters away heading for the shore oh well, this is the same bloke I took to the luge in Rotorua a few years back where he barrelled down at 1km an hour, I finished my 3 runs before he got down once, pretty cautious bloke.

Off for lunch at the resort, damn busy but they are doing some good things over there ATM. Lots of yummy mummy's, my eyes couldn't take much more of this.

Northerly started coming through around 2 so the trip home was pretty bumpy, gee I'm glad I got long boat cos I just upped the revs and skipped over the rough at 45kms/ hour. Why have short and fat when you can have long and skinny? I dunno...?

I cleaned up while he got ready for his flight, he offered to help more than once so a good deckie in the making. We sat in the garden for "compulsory australian tradition of beer after boating" He thanked me a dozen times for a great day out as I took him to the airport, no problem for me, a day on the water like today is waaaay better than sitting in the office so I was a very happy camper too.

Good onya mate... that's a bit of gold in his life.

I am glad you both had a good one.

My Mojo hasn't even started yet. Started 'fishing' a year ago and caught nothing at all so far.

I am determined not to give in to the siren song of bait for my hooks... I WILL master this soft plastics thing some day.

I am after only one of two species of fish also... I want good eating fish so I want either a snapper or a flathead.

So..... clueless, stubborn and fussy... what could possibly go wrong?

Anyway... glad you had a good day and hope your mojo finds its way back to you.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Stuff the dolphins, you should have taken him out whale watching

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Stuff the dolphins, you should have taken him out whale watching
    The problem is though looking is never enough for them.......