Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Leisure Freight & Import/New Boats Direct - The Final Chapter

Re: Leisure Freight & Import/New Boats Direct - The Final Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    what do you mean?
    Im not sure why, but everytime somebody says something detrimental about LF&I the thread gets deleted.

yes you do Graeme! Everyone does!!!
    Living the dream, Barry

Weird isnt it...

At least the thread is still up, thats the main thing Cobes. You going to be a good boy from now on?

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Im not sure why, but everytime somebody says something detrimental about LF&I the thread gets deleted.
    Previous threads have not been deleted. Threads and and individual posts on here have only been locked or deleted due to people making personal threats to people or posting to incite personal threats against people. As long as members keep to the facts and not make threats or incite threats against a person or persons, the thread will never be locked or posts deleted.

G'day

Did a quote on a nice boat today at one of the shipyards, very nice older gent. This was the first time he could go aboard his boat as customs only cleared it yesterday, and there's a handful more sitting on the hard awaiting customs clearance. This will happen once $ is paid.

My clients boat is one of 14 in one load that was bought in by LF&I and to say he's a little pissed is a complete understatement. It cost him an extra $75K to take possession.

To make things worse, there was a number of items worth a few thousand $ on his boat that mysteriously vanished whilst in transit.

All I can say is that I feel for you poor buggers.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

Dave,
    Was that one of the row of 3 or 4 cruisers side by side, with the same customs sticker?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
    Dave,
    Was that one of the row of 3 or 4 cruisers side by side, with the same customs sticker?
    G'day Pauly,

Yep... that lot plus another over the other corner all by itself. Pretty shocking story really.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

UNBELIEVABLE....
    Wondered what a small fleet of large flybridge cruisers was being staged there, with the same funny label on them.
    Never saw anything like it before.
    But I don't have any clients amongst them, so am happy to take a few pics this week and post them here.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Smithy..she is in liquidation, personally bankrupt. If your mate has his boat he should be on the Moet tonight or he is related to her :x

Everyone else has been burnt mate, all I can think of is that he has paid the shipper direct and not Di. There are some huge investigations that are making some great ground, nothing that can be made public as this site is not the place to advertise it...But....some massive...massive arse kicking coming! and not just for the one in the spot light ....nuff said!...I will prepare the popcorn and await!!!!!!
    Well......

Just catching up with the thread and i though i'd chime in my experience with bankruptcy and businesses - The building company i used to work for went into administration and I as an employee have lost my super -it doesnt seem likely i will ever get this back. Yes, administrators usually get first chunk of the pie, they will liquidate all business assets and distribute to major debtors first (including themselves). As there is usually any tangible equity or assets held there is rarely anything left over for us smaller debtors. From what i know -it seems futile to chase the director as they have most likely moved all assets elsewhere prior to the business going bust. I hate to say it, but it seems like you have a very expensive life lesson learnt. I feel sorry for you but in all honesty, dont sink any more $'s and put them towards a new trailer. I wish you all the best with the outcome and I hope i'm wrong for your sake...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
    G'day Pauly,

Yep... that lot plus another over the other corner all by itself. Pretty shocking story really.

Dave
    So here is a photo taken this afternoon, of 3 of the imported craft that are being held at the boat yard. From what we understand they are only 3 of several boats paid for by LFI clients, who are not able to take ownership of what they have paid for.
    They are sitting there, presumably building up an increasing storage fee.

Attachment 97705

She's a scumbag, hopefully she gets what she deserves....

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    She's a scumbag, hopefully she gets what she deserves....
    I don't know where she is now. Went to her house again the other day and it looks abandoned. I thought i might see a for sale sign and take a snap shot but no such luck. I would love to catch up with her and give her an opportunity to give me a refund.....

The lawyers and liquidators read these posts, but so far a bit over half of the cargo has been 'paid for twice' now by their owners and released. Mine is a a bit more difficult for release, but i will have the last bits of info posted up over the next couple of days.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
    So here is a photo taken this afternoon,
    mate, your time could be better spent helping me sand down the bumps and ripples on my boat!!