Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Leisure Freight & Import/New Boats Direct - The Final Chapter

Re: Leisure Freight & Import/New Boats Direct - The Final Chapter

If you go back through the posts, you will find I have already posted the info on Di's LinkedIn profile and the plethora of other companies, including WebMechanics, that she runs.

Ben.

haha now i no why she answer 1 phone number it is http://www.webmechanics.com.au/ contact details as well funny that

maybe we should all request quotes for websites from her other business. let her spend some time and effort for nothing.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

This is why you use an ESCROW agent or lawyers trust account for such a transaction. A third party holds the money until the goods are released from the dock.

When you paid for goods upfront without being able to secure title until delivery, then you are 'extending credit' to a business, and must have assessed the risk before doing so. All great with the benefit of hindsight. Sorry if it sounds harsh.

It is so sad to see boat buyers handing over money in advance to companies that are close to insolvent. It happens with local boat builders too, and will continue to happen. Thanks for sharing your story, hopefully someone else can learn from it.

Andrew
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.

Maybe Ausfish should look at removing her listing from the Members Business Directory now that she is bankrupt

Quote Originally Posted by the gecko View Post
    Thanks for sharing your story, hopefully someone else can learn from it.

Andrew
    That was my main reason for posting.

I would be over the moon if i have prevented at least 1 person from getting caught out.

It sounds very similar to tradies losing money to builders who go broke. The building industry solved this problem by bringing in insurance against such losses, and not dealing with those who refused to join the scheme.

The boating industry, and perhaps the caravan industry, could learn a lot from this. Unless the manufacturing industry itself brings in voluntary insurance for its members, customers will continue to extend credit to businesses that hide the fact that they are within days of going under.

Good on you for posting the story.

cheers
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by the gecko View Post
    It sounds very similar to tradies losing money to builders who go broke. The building industry solved this problem by bringing in insurance against such losses, and not dealing with those who refused to join the scheme.
    Good on you for posting the story.
    Please explain? I cannot recall anything that helps subbies recover bad debts from builders who go broke. It's definitely not the administrators.

I just found out today that Peleton Builders (the company that just took over from Walton constructions) has also gone into administration on Thursday sending many more subbies to the wall. I know these guys wont be getting jack!!!!!

Not only do these subbies quite often go bankrupt, the Building Services Authority then suspends the subbies license for 5 years for going broke themselves and if it happens again they are banned for life from holding a license or a controlling position in any company involved in the building industry. Thats right they are punished for other peoples actions and loose not only all there hard earned assets but there future livelihood as well.

To top this off the builder who goes bust usually trades himself out of administration by only paying 10% of all his debts and is given his license back to trade while the mass of subbies they send to the wall not only loose there homes, businesses, future income, it also puts a strain on there families with suicide and alike far more common than one would think.

There is no justice for those who use the law to there advantage to steal honest peoples hard earned money. Touchy subject this one as I have been shafted multiple times and to only sit back and watch how immoral pricks use the system to there advantage without a care in the world of the destruction it causes to peoples lives.

Women or men like this should be given a fair trial but if found guilty (trading insolvent... hard to prove, or fraud) of knowingly taking money or asking for services without the intention of delivering a product or payment should be sent straight to jail and all assets acquired seized and given back to the debtors and if there is any money remaining then it should be put into a fund to help aggressively prosecute these types of people.

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post

Women or men like this should be given a fair trial but if found guilty (trading insolvent... hard to prove, or fraud) of knowingly taking money or asking for services without the intention of delivering a product or payment should be sent straight to jail and all assets acquired seized and given back to the debtors and if there is any money remaining then it should be put into a fund to help aggressively prosecute these types of people.
    Couldn't agree more with this statement. might make a few serial scumbags think before ripping off hard working folk
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Sounds like some of these people should start worrying about being fitted with 'concrete shoes'

Sorry, my statement re subbies was badly worded. I was referring to the QBSA and the insurance that covers the buyer of the house, in case the builder goes broke. You are correct, nothing covers the poor subbies. Imagine if the subbie could access the builders credit rating, just like a bank can see ours on Veda Advantage........but thats a different dream.

I do believe that the parallels between the housing industry and boat building industry are valid, and that the boat building industry needs to solve thier own problems, and regulate the dodgy builders out of existence. Real Estate agents are not allowed to join the REIQ unless they can afford professional indemnity insurance. I have a background in credit management, and these problems can be solved, but its going to take someone within the industry with very strong will to do it.

Just saw on a mate's Facebook he has his boat in his driveway from this shipment and he had gone through Di. Must be good news. Have not talked to him personally though.

Smithy..she is in liquidation, personally bankrupt. If your mate has his boat he should be on the Moet tonight or he is related to her :x

Everyone else has been burnt mate, all I can think of is that he has paid the shipper direct and not Di. There are some huge investigations that are making some great ground, nothing that can be made public as this site is not the place to advertise it...But....some massive...massive arse kicking coming! and not just for the one in the spot light ....nuff said!...I will prepare the popcorn and await!!!!!!
    Living the dream, Barry

Im suprised this thread hasnt been deleted yet, all the others were......

what do you mean?
    Living the dream, Barry