Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Leisure Freight & Import/New Boats Direct - The Final Chapter

Re: Leisure Freight & Import/New Boats Direct - The Final Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Over qualified?
    Definately!!!!

Have you tried playing hardball with the liquidaters? They cant sell the boat (you own it) so what are they going to do? Keep paying customs for storage fees? The liquidaters are now liable for all costs incurred by the bankrupt company from the date they took over (new costs).

If you paid for shipping via credit card have you tried using inbuilt fraud function and claim the shipping payment back?

End of the day I cant see how anyone can do anything with your trailer if you havent signed anything saying they can. Just make sure you keep lodgeing the required forms with the liquidater. I imagine once the company is liquidated completly and closed the shipper/customs will have to release the items to you, in the mean time they try to use them as a way to get paid.

well its time i said something on this forum Iam owed 11k by Leisure Freight & Import {aka Di lyons } so i went 2 court last week and judge ordered her 2 pay it back with in 14 days so see what happens now, been speaking to liquidaters and she wont hand over her book yet, I have been told 2 fill out a debt claim form and wait , so it look like its never going 2 end , so 2 all people owed money i hope we all see what we paid for or some money or her in jail , thanks for starting this thread ric it has help me so much with this problem letting me no what was happening with other people as u no she doesnt answer phone calls , ok if any one has info that would help in any way please pm me thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ric View Post
    So give me your opinions everyone...

I paid 12500 for the trailer, customs docs are in LFAI name, and the lien is10k+. I pay the lien and goes through customs in a liquidated name, then the liquidators grab it. I may or may not get the trailer. If i do end up getting it, it would take months.

Order another trailer through a reputable import company.
    Buy australian for 23k
    Build myself

If i do get another trailer and best case, i also get the one i own at the moment, i could always sell it.

What do you think?
    Build one Ric If you have the time. you have done a fantastic job on your boat and If you built a trailer I wouldn't expect any less. And when its all done and in the water you will have the satisfaction knowing you did everything your self. Not many people can say that with a boat in the class that you have built!

.Worth a read for the turn of phrase.

http://www.australiatrade.com.au/Shi...t/vehicles.htm

My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

The latest info I have:

From ASIC

An ASIC insolvency notice is present on this company
    Name LEISURE FREIGHT & IMPORT PTY LTD
    ACN 142 865 307
    Type Australian Proprietary Company
    Class Limited By Shares
    Sub Class Proprietary Company
    Status Under External Administration And/Or Controller Appointed
    ABN 37 142 865 307

In the media:

Leisure Freight and Import case

Thursday, 23 May 2013, 10:59 am
    Press Release: Spliethoff Transport B.V.

PRESS RELEASE
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Amsterdam, May 16, 2013 – UPDATED FACT ABOUT “Leisure Freight and Import “case.In the Court Case Spliethoff Transport BV v Leisure Freight and Import Pty Ltd [2013] FCCA 27, the Federal Circuit Court of Australia awarded Spliethoff Transport B.V. with damages in respect of Leisure Freight cancellation of one contract of carriage and Leisure Freight was forced to abandon its cross-claim for alleged damages. Surprisingly the Court somewhat arbitrarily found an implied contractual period of one month for the Carrier to ship yachts and dismissed other two deadfreight counts claimed by the Carrier in the same proceeding despite of the fact that Leisure Freight failed to provide supportive evidence to the Court for their allegation that time was of the essence of the contract.

From Marine Queensland:

An official liquidator has been appointed pursuant to a Winding Up Order by the Supreme Court of NSW on 1st October 2013. There has been no date set for the first meeting of creditors as investigations are still continuing into the Company’s affairs.

a few quotes which i find amusing in this whole saga....

Quote Originally Posted by New Boats Direct
    So - no we haven't gone bankrupt - not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes
    Such a sneaky little dark horse bringing the facts to the people..........
    I am a bit over the word "bankrupt" in the heading of this post.
    my good nature is wearing thin.
    I have your email address, identity, street address and whom you work for
    I have served a court action on the The Facts

hi all i have contacted magic trailers about my trailer and it is still in usa and has not been paid for by leisure freight and it is only one that has been made that size since early 2012 so what 2 do now is this fraud or what ? let me no what u think ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steven22 View Post
    hi all i have contacted magic trailers about my trailer and it is still in usa and has not been paid for by leisure freight and it is only one that has been made that size since early 2012 so what 2 do now is this fraud or what ? let me no what u think ?

thanks
    give me a call tomorrow mate, i got an option for you.

will do ric

Sorry guys but liquidators are a slimy mob if you ask me. I was owed 100k by St Hilliers construction and they went into administration and I didn't get zip and now they are trading again.
    Walton Constructions went into administration 2 weeks ago and owe 19 million to subbies and suppliers. One month before they went into admin they shifted all there profitable jobs into another company (Peleton Constructions) just established and are still trading as normal only difference is they have written of 19 million in bad debts. It's bullshit. Theres subbies owed 600k and its apparently legal.

What i'm getting at is don't get your hopes up that this woman will go to jail because I have seen far worse and not even a slap on the wrist.

Good luck to all you guys who are owed $$ and thank you for her photo. I will spit on her if I see her.

I'm sorry to say that I agree with Banana on this one. Companies/people that know they are going down usually strip the ship to make it worthless. By the time the administrators get their outrageous fees, the bones are clean.
    Same as Banana, I've got bitter experience from a situation a couple of years ago. Keep everything in writing with the administrators, any verbal commitments they make to you are worthless (again, learnt that the hard way) .
    But... the world works in mysterious ways, and every dog gets his day!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Sorry guys but liquidators are a slimy mob if you ask me. I was owed 100k by St Hilliers construction and they went into administration and I didn't get zip and now they are trading again.
    Walton Constructions went into administration 2 weeks ago and owe 19 million to subbies and suppliers. One month before they went into admin they shifted all there profitable jobs into another company (Peleton Constructions) just established and are still trading as normal only difference is they have written of 19 million in bad debts. It's bullshit. Theres subbies owed 600k and its apparently legal.

What i'm getting at is don't get your hopes up that this woman will go to jail because I have seen far worse and not even a slap on the wrist.

Good luck to all you guys who are owed $$ and thank you for her photo. I will spit on her if I see her.
    be nice to see that prick newman crack down on this kind of crime as severely as he is on the bikies, o hang on, they are probably all his donors.

This is interesting... The below details are from another company she runs... Maybe you could go after that company, for which she leads/owns?

http://www.webmechanics.com.au/

Domain Name: webmechanics.com.au
    Last Modified: 12-Jan-2012 05:48:13 UTC
    Registrar ID: PlanetDomain
    Registrar Name: PlanetDomain

Registrant: LYONS, DIANNE BARBARA
    Registrant ID: ABN 28808823237
    Eligibility Type: Sole Trader
    Eligibility Name: Webmechanics