Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Leisure Freight & Import/New Boats Direct - The Final Chapter

Re: Leisure Freight & Import/New Boats Direct - The Final Chapter

Pull ya heads in boys and stay on track.

Start ya own Pin fishing thread before the heads of this forum stop this thread quicker than South Sydney was stopped in their run during the NRL this year.

So, given the outcome ... any chance the original 'Leisure Freight and Import Bankrupt?" thread will be reinstated on ausfish?
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    So, given the outcome ... any chance the original 'Leisure Freight and Import Bankrupt?" thread will be reinstated on ausfish?
    Probably got more chance of getting my trailer back than that fabulous thread being reopened.

The facts isnt in hiding either.... For some reason he cant login anymore?

Ric,
    I feel for you mate. I managed to get my trailer last year but went through a similar scenario with this company. Six weeks blew out to 9 months. Stories changed on a weekly basis from your trailer's on a boat - to - your trailers waiting to be shipped - to your trailer is here (not my trailer). Unreturned phone calls and emails - I thought I'd done my money but luckily the Magic Tilt is sitting under the Grady White in the backyard now. I now consider myself a very very lucky boy and have sympathy for anyone who got caught by this company.
    Brett

That is exactly why we should be able to discuss this stuff on a forum.
    I am sure if Ric knew the lies Bugman was told by LF& INBD and the thought of losing his money he would wouldn't have used them.
    I would love to bring a boat in from the States and hearing these stories worries me.
    Ric , has this taking a toll on your boat building enthusiasm ? I feel for you .

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MrNanks View Post
    That is exactly why we should be able to discuss this stuff on a forum.
    I am sure if Ric knew the lies Bugman was told by LF& INBD and the thought of losing his money he would wouldn't have used them.
    I would love to bring a boat in from the States and hearing these stories worries me.
    Ric , has this taking a toll on your boat building enthusiasm ? I feel for you .

Cheers
    The problem is when everi need to move the boat around the shed, ithas to be lifted. And it will be done before christmas and i want to be able to use it!

Im pissed off but at the same time i'm smiling. You cant let people like that get you down. Im not the one that will have to hide from all the boat owners, im not the one looking over my shoulder the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
    If the documents that Ric referred to do actually exist, and with easy to show paper trail of the transactions and replies by email and lack there of...
    One would think there would be pretty obvious grounds for requesting Qld Police to charge the person with Fraud.
    That charge sticks whether you are bankrupt or not.
    Also, ASIC would be an obvious chance for charging her with Insolvent Trading, if that business has continued to accept payments or deposits after their financials are obviously hopeless.
    If you report any case of fraud to the police, they have to investigate it.

I'm sure Ric would have his bank statements to prove his payments & invoices to show who he paid.

I would also think the ATO might be interested if there's GST/taxes involved. For ASIC i think there is a thing where you can report someone for "scams" like those Nigerian emails that turn up in your junk mail.

Gee Kato, the kind of info yourself and that totally unrelated person 'the facts' come up with is five star.

Actually no it's better than that........whatever better than five star is............

Quote Originally Posted by mod2 View Post
    I know neither the person nor the business BUT if someone is so keen on posting information on someone then perhaps that person should put their own name and photo on the post also.
    Hi mod2,

My name is Ben, as posted in an earlier post on this thread and on most other posts I make.

I live in Cashmere, as per my profile.

Anyway:

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...41#post1510241

Ante up!

Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post

Actually no it's better than that........whatever better than five star is............
    Six.....

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Gee Kato, the kind of info yourself and that totally unrelated person 'the facts' come up with is five star.

Comes with growing up in a family of coppers i guess..

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    Six.....
    I like the way you think.......nearly........

So give me your opinions everyone...

I paid 12500 for the trailer, customs docs are in LFAI name, and the lien is10k+. I pay the lien and goes through customs in a liquidated name, then the liquidators grab it. I may or may not get the trailer. If i do end up getting it, it would take months.

Order another trailer through a reputable import company.
    Buy australian for 23k
    Build myself

If i do get another trailer and best case, i also get the one i own at the moment, i could always sell it.

What do you think?

Sorry to hear of this ric and sadly this does happen a fair bit. We had a debitor went bankrupt late last year and this guy owed hundreds of thousands of dollars to people and wasn't his first business that went bankrupt in the same market. I went round to pick up a check and there was a note on the door from the land lord to call him. Turned out he was told to have his bill ready to pay by the end of the week and during the night they packed everything up and left. I have heard whispers he has now opened up another business but I am guessing it is through a relative or something because I cant believe he would be allowed to open another business.

Many shonkies go bankrupt then are operating again a day later. They have just started a new business in wife's name, then sons name, then daughters name, then other sons, brothers, sisters....

Can't believe they can go broke and then do it again? Happens all the time. Imagine you have a good cash flow business and you buy yourself toys in the business name or lease them, run on empty for a while, then run up lots of bills and go broke, start again.

You can live high on the hog that way for a lifetime.

As against that.., a company can be struggling along just barely afloat and people get upset when that struggling company goes belly up owing em stuff. The company was hoping to survive, and later thrive, but it didn't happen.

As soon as they lie to customers about their goods then they have crossed the line though in my opinion.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')