Thread: Another crack at teaching young fella to fish

Another crack at teaching young fella to fish

Well a successful day was had at colleges crossing today. Got there after lunch armed with prawns an low hopes. Anyway first cast and I hand the rod to my boy (he's just turned 2) pick up my rod before I can do anything the reel screams, conor looks at me "oh no it's broken" (no drag set so fish doesn't pull rod from his hands) tighten drag and reel fish in. Baby catfish. Cast again and conor is more interested in the bait. We catch 2 bass before we are called for lunch. After lunch we head back down for another bass ad conor is now interested again, hand him the rod and it starts to pull, Conor's look of shock and then "STOP! My fish!!" Well I could barely stand up I was laughing so hard, the fish kept pulling and he kept getting more stubborn about it being his fishing rod, I try to help and we finally get the fish in another catfish. Let him go and what is to be the last cast of the day. Conor is holding Thetis and it bends along with my shock and I help as quick as I can a quick wind from conor an a dodgy knot makes us look silly. Here's a couple of photos wife has others on her phone.

Re: Another crack at teaching young fella to fish

Great job dude!!!!

And also a commendable effort on letting your wife take her burka off long enough to take photos.

That's awesome mate.
    My boy is due in 3 weeks and I can't wait till he's old enough to take fishing.
    About six months should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Great job dude!!!!

And also a commendable effort on letting your wife take her burka off long enough to take photos.
    Im suprised she let him go fishing........

I think Colleges Crossing is a long way from the salt.........

Get flatties and bream there allegedly. First time I've ever fished there.

Don't forget the Bull Sharks. Quite a regular occurrence up there especially on the downstream area
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"