Thread: Hds5 gen 1 combo

Hds5 gen 1 combo

Hey ausfishers just wondering if anyone knows of someone/where that might repair sounded etc. my unit just stopped today while running home checked fuses put it in my tinny still no go?

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Hds5 gen 1 combo

I'll watch this eagerly, I got a HDS10 that won't do what it's sposed to.

Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

Trymax at chandler/west capalaba
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Corry - what is yours doing or not doing?
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Found out they have 5 years warranty took it back to where I bought it it has been sent away cheers

Ausfish Platinum Member

5 years, is that the same as the HDS10 Gen 1? I'll give em a ring tomorrow and find out.

The unit on mine is working fine, it's just the structure scan. Worked well for the first 6 months, now all I get is "No Signal" on the screen. I've tried soft reset, hard reset, going into the menus and selecting Structure Scan so I got the options out front, I've replaced the Ethernet cable (yellow) one, I've run multimeter over the power leads to it, it all looks fine. Being Gen 1 it doesn't have the LED's on the structure unit (LSS1) to assist in fault finding.
    I'll ring Reef Marine where I bought it from this week and see what the warranty is, I'll be dirty if it is under warranty, I've been back there a number of times trying to sort this thing out. I'm trying to find a repairer for them, or someone who can have a look at this thing, preferably close to Mackay, failing that, I'm off to buy another sounder/structure scan unit, and it won't be Lowrance, or from Reef Marine.
    I got onto Lowrance help line, all they can ask me is what are the LED's showing, I try and tell em it doesn't have any being the LSS1, "Yes it should" I get told... helpful.

Cheers
    Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

corry...I have gen1 lss1 and they do have leds ....on the unit you have writing ..link/activity 1..2...3..sonar...power ...each of these have a led behind them...also make sure the yellow wire is hooked up/has power as well as the red or it wont turn on either ...

Quote Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
    Found out they have 5 years warranty took it back to where I bought it it has been sent away cheers
    All I got with my gen 1 hds 7 was 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    All I got with my gen 1 hds 7 was 2 years.
    Went in to buy a new unit at Barney's marine told old mate it stopped working (he had updated it a few weeks ago). He said when did you buy it I thought about 2 years so he got onto the computer checked it out and said new for old warranty for 2 years then a discount on another unit for 3. Unit was 18 months old

Ausfish Platinum Member

I'll check it all again, thinking it could be the LSS1 unit. Multimeter shows good power at the plug to the unit. More fault finding to begin.
    Thanx for that, I couldn't find any pictures or info talking about or showing lights on the unit at all.
    Corry
    Cheers
    Corry