Thread: Where to go tomorrow

Where to go tomorrow

I want to take young bloke for a paddle tomorrow for first trip. Because its going to be to windy out front redcliffe, where else can wd go.
    If i went up the pine, where is a very easy place to put in the kayaks as my young bloke has a disability. I need somewhere that is right on the water not to far to take the kayaks and close to car.

Cheers
    Greg

Re: Where to go tomorrow

Cant help ya up there Greg...dont know the area, but will prolly be over at the sandhills mon.

Drop the pots on the way out......

Cheers, Ray.

Bribie island? Turn left at end of bridge and follow the passage for a coupla K's. Sandy beach, shallow to deep water, fairly protected from easterly winds. Quite a few spots along there.

Thanks gon fishun.
    Thought i would have to head up that way. Its a shame i cant go anywhere down here in SE

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Thanks gon fishun.
    Thought i would have to head up that way. Its a shame i cant go anywhere down here in SE
    Newport waters ? near Scarby.

Get on Google Earth and have a scout around.

Thats a good idea. Where would be the easiest spot to put in. I need level ground

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Thats a good idea. Where would be the easiest spot to put in. I need level ground
    Just drive up and down Endeavour Esplanade and pick your spot, it is all flat along there . Can be very shallow with the tide out.

In the Pine River you have several options.
    There is a gravel ramp at the end of Burrungwarra Drive which breaks off Bald Hills Road at Bald Hills, (you divert right to follow the edge of the freeway part way along, once on that diversion there is no chance of getting lost). A gentle slope gravel ramp that is generally lightly used and well suited for your adventure.
    There is the ramp on the south side of the pine river at Petrie just west of the road bridges. Use the gravel bank there for a good firm gently sloping access.
    There is a beach at Murrumba Downs with a safe launch spot but parking is about 50m away up the hill, Decent access though. It is at the end of Pine River Drive, can't miss it.
    You could access Dohles Rocks area in front of where Bears Boat hire used to be.

Cabbage Tree Creek can be accessed from several places easily towards the mouth of the creek.

Elimbah Creek is accessible easliy at the ramp in Meldale.

Ningi Creek is easily accessible from the ramp at the very end of Freeman Road, Turn right at the main T intersection of Toorbul and drive to the end of the road. Slow slope ramp with good soft sand either side.
    Jack.

greg, i was planning to take the young fella fishing too but the wind forcast put me off. We ended up having a swim at suttons beach then the lagoon, then threw a boomerang around and kicked a footy in the park for a couple hours, now playing mario on the wii lol had a great day. What did you end up deciding on mate? i bet you noticed the bloody triathlon on too down the front
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Hi dean
    Mate i took the young bloke out front at scarb to try out Kayak. I needed to do some experimenting as my young bloke has a balance disability.
    It was flat early but things didnt go according to plan.
    Back to the drawing board with a set of outriggers i got from BCF . The fittings were shit.

I have redone then and modified them.
    I havnt been back out. Will try again tomorrow arvo.
    Its very hard to get it right.

Jack
    Thanks for all those spots and i have taken them all down. Much appreciated

Cheers
    Greg

#$*& off WEASEL....go spam elsewhere

edit...thanks Mods for removing the spammer.
    Last edited by solemandownunder; 05-10-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: cause I can

American spam coming from India, probably is high up the Microsift and Telstra ladder.....
    Jack.