Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: last trip of my holidays28/9/13

last trip of my holidays28/9/13

the youngfella and myself headed out for our last trip for the holidays this morning..left manly around 6 and headed out to pull the pots...we got 13 keepers for the nite soak a little light but in the last week we have eatin plenty...now had planned to go for a troll over moreton way but with the weather looking ok we headed offshore...we got out there only to find no run and it was raining...so I set the youngbloke up on a drift(he had a rain coat I didn't) and I stayed in the captains seat...it wasn't long b4 he had a keeper in the boat but I still wasn't getting wet.lol...he did a few drifts and put his bag in the boat so I called it quits and headed back in for a troll...we managed 6 school macks in bout and hr and a half but we had missed the best time being slack water on the tide change...youngfella got his biggest schoolie 79cm...we pulled the pots for a Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sep holidays with kieren 009.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	96748few more crabs on the way home...ended up with 17 sandies,6 schoolies and 4 squire...what a great finnish to a great week with my boy...cheers roscoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	sep holidays with kieren 008.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	96747

Re: last trip of my holidays28/9/13

well there's next weeks meals sorted, good going.

Hope ya left some sandies for us next week

wayno,
    havnt got that much left of it ..think I put 2 feeds of mack in the freezer and maybe 8 sandies left...by the time I give my youngfella a good feed to take home and my sister a feed it goes quickly...I don't mind I don't like eatin frozen fish much but is always better than buyin fish from the shops

I know the feeling.. give aways to family and co workers seem the norm....

I don't mind though,keeps me out of trouble while out in the boat

Hey rosco, we thought we saw you goin out and comin back, we were off the east of green. Conditions were pretty variable for sure, we finished up with 17 sandies, over about 5 1/2 hrs, not a lot of size to them. Certainly would have been a tad more comfortable in your boat than mine. Well done to the young fella for a great result, cheers, roy.

not a bad feed mate for the slack running tides...I don't recon te crabs where as big as the big run tides the other week

Nice feed of seafood there. well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

I'm sure Kieran enjoyed his holidays once again with you Rosco

yeah robin he had a ball,we only had one day where we didn't go out in the boat and when he was home he just played with the pup..had to drag him to the movies...

Well done Rosco....

Top feed there!

Great day with the Boy Rosco. 79cm is a nice Doggie
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

neil,
    we got bitten off boatside by a bigger one...thems the breaks though...will wait for the next lot of slack tides then have another crack..this time I will start trolling an hr b4 the tide change

lockie,
    no prized snapps for the youngfella but he did ok on the schoolies. he still recons that snapp you got the other weekend was blind.lol

Haha... Did he try the secret weapon?